ღChapter Ten: Call Me Disneyland

.ღ.

"Attention, class... Attention!"

Ms. Willabee, a twenty-eight year old English teacher, was standing with her hip against her desk with her arms crossed over her long white sleeve blouse. She was still waiting for her students to simmer down, and even for a few to take their seats.

Once they were quiet, Ms. Willabee smiled, fixing her blue rimmed glasses on her nose properly. "Thank you," she nodded, scanning the room.

She pushed herself off her desk and turned to reach over to grab a stack of papers she just printed out before class. The teacher didn't notice how a few of her male students stared wide-eyed and open mouthed at her.

Charlie glanced at Ms. Willabee whose attention was elsewhere before Charlie was turning around and whispering while holding onto the back of her seat. "Hey. What happened at your lunch date? Garrett was on the floor when I walked over to eat with Gabe. Everything alright?"

Eve blinked, tilting her head to the side, puzzled. "Garrett was what?"

"So that wasn't you?"

Lifting a brow, Eve leaned forward, whispering, "No. I don't know what you are talking about." She gave Charlie a wide sarcastic smiled, raising a brow, "Perhaps it was your boyfriend after I sucker jabbed him in the throat."

Charlie's eyes widened and Eve sat back, grinning a little as she went back to doodling in the corner of her notebook paper.

"Oh Eve... you are just awful!" Charlie whispered loudly. She glanced over her shoulder to see that Ms. Willabee was still bent over her desk and flipping through papers.

Charlie turned back around. She frowned, shaking her head and raised a brow, "You promised you'd behave."

Eve returned the frown, nose scrunching. "I promised no such thing. You just assumed I did. Plus... he started it."

Charlie rolled her eyes. She twisted her finger at the end of a strand of her long hair and whispered loudly, "Sure. Because he always does right?"

Eve's eyes went wide, feeling a little insulted her best friend could think the boy whore could do no wrong.

"He does! You just don't see it because you are in love with him!"

Charlie shushed her friend just as Ms. Willabee finished standing upright with the stack in her hands and started to make her way to the first aisle by one of the doors to enter the classroom. That's when the back door at the end of the aisle swung open with the door handle making a loud crack against the wall. The students turned around to see who had come in late. 

Greg raised his brows high with a small grin as Bea, who was seated next to him, blinked her blue eyes repeatedly. Charlie's face lit up along with her smile and made a tiny squeal as Eve immediately rolled her eyes and turned to face the front again, slumping in her seat next to Aaron.

Ms. Willabee raised a perfectly shaped blonde brow and rested a hand on her hip while hugging the stack of paper to her chest.

"Mr. McNeill. How wonderful to grace us with your presence. Please... Tell me what excuse you could possibly come up with to get you out of this one?"

Gabriel grinned, making Ms. Willabee lose her sternness a moment before snapping back, and he sighed loudly. He turned his head to the side, shrugging a little, "Well... I'm not going to lie, Ms. Willabee. Not to someone as beautiful as you."

Eve almost gagged, Charlie frowned, and Bea was suppressing a laugh with Greg.

Ms. Willabee gave him a stoic look while her tardy student was busy fixing his half tucked t-shirt and running his fingers through the back of his hair. It was only obvious what he was doing--- or who--- with the way he was fixing himself up.