ღChapter Twenty-Six: You First

The party had already started when Greg and the girls arrived. 

It was a few blocks from the McNeill's home, but along the way, Garrett, Caleb, and Gabriel were asked by their friend Chris to pick up a few party beverages. It was twenty minutes later that Garrett texted Greg asking where they were. They had already gotten to the party. 

Greg asked him to pick them up, but his brother never replied.

Bea held Greg's hand, resting her head against his arm. 

Her father was reluctant to let Bea go out at this time of night, especially on a school night. But after pleading with her mom that Bea really wanted to go and that even Eve would be tagging along, Mrs. Winchester gave her husband a coy smile.

"Oh, hun... Eve's going. You know she's a good girl. She'd keep them in line."

Mr. Winchester frowned and rolled his eyes, sighing that his wife had a point and then proceeded to warn Greg that he would be castrated should Bea come back home the opposite of how she left. Greg nodded, glancing nervously at his girlfriend before they quickly left to meet Charlie and Eve at the Barry house.

Charlie smiled wide as she walked ahead of the other three. She kept turning around and urging them to walk faster before the party was over. 

Greg lowered a brow, grinning at her anxiousness. "Charles. Relax. The party only started. And Gabe will be there until the very end. So no worries."

Charlie shook her head, lifting her finger up into the air without turning around.

"That's where you may be wrong, Gregory! Because should Marina and her mini-version be there, they will try and keep him from me. And I have to make sure that he at least gets to see this new suit of mine for five minutes."

Eve lowered a brow, grinning, "Why...? Is it supposed to come off at some point?"

Her best friend narrowed her eyes playfully as Greg and Bea laughed along with Eve.

Charlie sniffed, "Perhaps. But that's more of a last resort, thank you."

Eve and Bea frowned, voicing that sleeping with Gabriel was not such a good idea. But Charlie had stopped and turned to look at them all beaming widely, her eyes crinkling at the ends from suppressing a laugh.

"You guys are so gullible!" she teased before skipping off a few more feet ahead.

Once they reached the party, there were people everywhere half-naked. The sight of girls walking and standing around in nothing but two pieces made Eve utterly uncomfortable. She was seriously thinking that removing her pink t-shirt and cut off jean shorts later was a major bad idea. 

But as she glanced at Bea beside her, seeing how the blonde was biting her lip and looking around with the same expression as her, Eve felt a bit better that she wasn't the only feeling a tad nervous.

Charlie, however, was just fine. She was already unzipping her sweatshirt and turned around to toss it at Eve. The younger caught it with an "oof!" and then scowled at Charlie who didn't notice. The cheerleader just smiled and waved as she passed people, and even giggled at a few guys who whistled and eyed her as she passed.

Greg was being all protective with Bea, pulling her close to him and scowling at his friends from the debate team that had made cat calls at her.

Then there was Eve, scanning the crowd for Garrett. She kept shifting from one foot to the other as she stretched her neck, but couldn't get past anyone's shoulders. There was no sight of Garrett anywhere.