Chapter 21

*Will pov*

"Jem." I leaned in again.
"Yea?"
"We're is tessa"
"On the alter."
I smacked his head causing my mom to turn and glare.
"Our Tessa"
He sat up straight. I suddenly felt guilty, I hadn't thought about Tess since we ran into Gabe. He looked around.
"When did you last see her?"
"When we ran into gabe yesterday!"
"Okay. Maybe-" He stopped mid sentence.
"What?" I looked in the direction he was looking.
"I don't see-" Then I stopped.
"Oh my god"

Tessa was sitting quite closely to none other than Gabe Kingsley
"That bastard" I started.
"What in the hell are you two looking at?" Rose asked.
"Tessa is sitting in the lap of my greatest enemy."
"My god will he is not your greater enemy." Jem laughed.
"This is funny?!" I looked at him, narrowing my eyes
"Just ironic that you introduced him and now." He pointed vaguely to finish the sentence.
"Nice Job Tess" Rose whistled quietly causing Penelope to turn.
"Who's the hottie were all lookin at?
"Me obviously" I smirked
"Tessa's new boyfriend." Rose pointed
"Whoa"
"I know"
"Hey Rose and Penelope mind not goggling over another boy."
I looked at Jem exasperated.
"If you 4 don't be quiet and listen I will make sure you are on cleanup duty the entire time" My mom turned around and whispered.
We all shrunk back into our seats.

*Big tessa pov*

The world had sort of dulled around me once I reached the alter. Everyone and everything was dim compared to Jem. I barely heard the minister. The shadowhunters seemed uncomfortable in the mundane wedding. Jems eyes did not leave mine, and I probably would have looked into his all day if a cold ring hadn't been placed in my hand. I slid it onto Jems hand and repeated after the minister. Jem was never one with words, and he said that he could not write vows good enough, So we repeated the ministers. I felt the cold carstairs family ring slide on my finger. Jem took my hand and kissed the ring making my skin tingle.
"Do you take this man to be your wedded husband, to love and to cherish through sickness and Heath until death do you apart?" The minister asked snapping me out of my daze.
"I do" I smiled
"Do you take this women to be your wedded wife, to love and to cherish through sickness and Heath until death do you apart?"
"I do" Jem grinned down at me.
"Then you may kiss the-" But Jem's hands were already on my face pulling me closer to him. He kissed me like he would loose me in 10 minutes, I probably Kissed him the same way.
"Tessa Carstairs, finally" Jem sighed.
We broke apart and the world came back so fast I was almost dizzy.
Will was whooping and cheering behind us, Grinning like he couldn't be happier. Charlotte came forward.
"We can't be here much longer, we will try and make it after the cocktail party."
"Thank you Charlotte."
Her fingers rose to touch my cheek but it only felt like the wind. Cold and sharp. I put my hand there instead and she smiled.
"Be happy my darling" And with that she disappeared. Will was the last to go, and his smile was still reaching his eyes when he disappeared.