Chapter 5

*jem pov*

I remembered closing the portal and the demons hissing. I remembered one of them spitting on me. My vision blurring and being thrown against the institute wall. Will yelling my name. Then the world going totally black.

*will pov*

"Jem" I croaked. I was totally useless. I stared at his limp body.
"WILL" Tess screamed. I looked at her waving her arms around.
"FOCUS." Rosalie screamed. Rosalie. It was her fault Jem was hurt. This stupid demon wanted her not Jem. I whirled around to face the demons.
"I'm going to shove this sword so far up your ass." My blade glinted in the sun light.
The 3 demons laughed at me.
"Silly child." One of them hissed. They started to come at me, their poisonous spit foaming in their mouths.
"MOM, DAD HERONDALES SOMEONE HELP!" Tess screamed so loud I almost covered my ears.
"HERONDALE?" One of them bellowed.
"You brought us to the killer of lilths home." The second one accused the first one of.
Minutes later every adult in the institute came bursting through the doors, even Tessa. Weapons gleaming in their hands.
"Will. What did you do." My mom looked at me.
"I didn't do anything. The demons want her." I pointed at Rosalie.
"We're is Jem?" My mom said. Looking frantically around.
I pointed over to the wall.
My mom squeaked and turned to the 3 demons who watched us.
"Who did that to my son." My dad growled. 2 of the demons stepped back and pointed at the other. My dad moved so fast he looked like a blonde blur. He jumped and landed on the demons shoulder.
"JACE!"
"I'm fine." He took the glowing blade and drove it through the head. He fell with the remaining dust. Landing and letting the dust settle.
"I hate it when you do that." My mom grumbled. The other 2 demons backed away slowly. I looked at Tess to my side and we both took off. We launched and landed the same way dad did. Except I full filled my promise. My blade went straight through the ass of the thing. We both fell coughing and swatting away the dust.
"Your worse than your father!" My mom scolded as I came back. But I didn't stop at her.
"Except I looked cooler."
I ignored my dad too. I ignored everyone's praise and pushed through the crowd.
"Jem" I whispered shaking him.
I wanted to scream at Rosalie. I wanted to yell for her to go away. But I couldn't fully blame her for it. I shrugged Tess's hand off my shoulder. Jem wasn't very heavy, I heaved him into my arms and started towards the doors. My mom stifled a sob behind me and Tess was beginning to cry to.
I ignored all of this because I needed to be strong for Jem. Jem needed my strength, he needed it to get better. I set him in the white infirmary. I pulled a chair over and leaned over Jem's body.
"You better not die on me James Herondale. We're not done here yet."