Chapter 30

*Will pov*

We couldn't move. Me and Jem we tried to get to Rose and Penelope but we couldn't. We couldn't watch them, hands tied and gagged, kneeling down infront of us. But not being able to move wasn't the worst part. The worst part was they began to fade. The whole world around us faded until we could move, but we were in the Institute Library.
"Rose" I whispered and fell to my knees. Jem fell beside me. His sword was gone from beside him, but a new sword was jabbed in his stomach. A long black sword, a sword of the shadow men. I scrambled off my
knees to help him. My stomach began to ache, as I took some of the pain from him. My hands put pressure on the wound and his pain seeped into my veins. He relaxed visibly but he still had a sword impaling him. I looked back wondering why no one was helping, they didn't even notice us on the floor. Not even Tess.
"Hey!" I yelled. They all turned to look at me. "Does anyone want to help or are you still going to sit here and argue"
Jem had blood coming from his mouth now. It took a little for the shock to wear off and for everyone to start moving. The boys hoisted Jem onto the hospital bed while the girls cut bandages and started with remedies to remove the sword.
"Will" He whispered. Coughing up more blood.
"No Jem don't talk."
"Silver" He whispered before fainting again. I tried taking more of his pain but he wasn't in any. I felt his pulse to find it barley there.
"We need to move quicker." I said and pushed forward with the bed, Leaving the rest of the boys behind.
I watched them work for hours. The Infirmary was quickly transformed into an ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
He didn't die. But he coded twice. The pain was sharp like someone was stabbing my parabati wound, but when he came back the pain went away. They called Katerina the blue Dr. Warlock. She ordered everyone around making the other half of the infirmary ready for surgery. I wasn't aloud in that half. But Jem Lived. Slowly he got color back, and the next day he woke up. He was groggy but he was clear on what he wanted.
"Find them." He said. "Find them and bring them back."