Chapter 8

*will pov*

Life just automatically got better once Jem woke up. We spent the whole day together with Tess. We laughed like jem had never gotten hurt. I was sitting in my room about ready to fall asleep when I heard a light knocking. I ran to open up the door expecting jem or tess
But it was neither of them,
"Rose?" All the anger from the last couple of weeks fell away. Her hair was in 2 braids little strands falling out. She was in fuzzy pajama pants, blushing at the nickname I just have her.
"I couldn't sleep without telling you this."
I opened my mouth to talk but she beat me to it.
"I'm sorry about what happened to jem. You were right to be mad at me. Those demons wouldn't have even been here if I hadn't ran here."
"No rose, that's not true at all. I was just mad and caught up in the moment. You had every right to come here."
She looked up at me, her bright blue eyes sparkling. She looked like she was on the verge of tears.
"Thanks Will" I couldn't take my gaze away from hers. She was all the sudden the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Her lips parted slightly and all the emotions came rushing on. She lifted her head as I tilted my head down. Her lips were so soft against mine. The kiss first was soft and lightly but slowly became more desperate. Her arms went up through my hair as my arms went around her waist pulling her closer. The sweetness of her mouth made my insides flutter. When we finally broke apart we stayed together. My lips on her forehead and arms around her waist. We didn't say anything for the longest time but it didn't matter.
"I should probably go back to sleep." She finally whispered
I let her go and smiled.
"Good night rose."
"Good night Will. " she turned her back on me. I drifted back into my room life I was drunk. Spinning and grinning like crazy. I fell asleep with the biggest grin on my face.

*Rose pov*

I was in my bedroom tossing and turning. I heard that jem and woken up and I had heard will go into his bedroom. I needed to apologize. I tiptoed to his room and knocked on his door. He opened his door almost right away.
"Rose?" I blushed at my new name and the sight of Will shirtless and in pajama pants.
"I couldn't sleep without telling you this." I blurted before I could chicken out.
He started to talk so I continued
"I'm sorry about what happened to jem. You were right to be mad at me. Those demons wouldn't have even been here if I hadn't ran here."
The look of sympathy filled his eyes. His gaze softened
"No rose, that's not true at all. I was just mad and caught up in the moment. You had every right to come here."
My eyes watered at his words. I looked up at him to find him already staring. I hadn't ever seen a boy like him. My emotions took over me and I leaned my head up. His lips met mine soft and slow at first but became more desperate slowly. When we broke apart I didn't let Will go and he didn't let me go. His lips on my forehead make my whole body tingle. I began to fall asleep on his chest
"I should probably go back to sleep" I whispered
"Good night rose" his blue eyes and grin shines down on me
"Good night Will"
I turned my back on him but I could still feel his eyes follow me into my bedroom. I fell onto my bed grinning and drifted off to sleep.