Chapter 19

*Little Jem pov*

I love London. The history, the people,the institute everything about it. It was the day of the wedding. Everyone was running around like maniacs trying to get last minute touches in. I hadn't seen the bride and groom yet today though. I was reading in my tux strolling around the institute when I heard heels coming closer to me. I looked up to see by far the most beautiful girl, she had long blonde hair that was curled and she was in a purple evening gown. I shook my head to see if she was fake but she didn't go away.
"Jem" she smiled. Penelope.
"Hey P" I smiled back. she was looking at me funny like I had looked at her.
"You look great" I blurted before I could stop myself
"You as well" Faint blush made her even more beautiful.
She slowly inched closer to me, like she was afraid I would bite.
Why hadn't I noticed her like this before? I guess she was always little.
"Jem,"
"Yes."
"Your mouth is open."
I snapped my mouth shut and blushed.
"Sorry" I mumbled.
She was close now, close enough I could reach out and touch her. I was no Will Herondale I didn't make women fall to their knees because of my looks.
"I'm going to go now" I turned to go but she grabbed my wrists.
"No! don't." She let me go right away but she still was close. She looked up at me with the same look I was giving her.
"Jem" she whispered. She leaned her head up and I ducked mine. I wrapped my hands around her face keeping her close. When I pulled away she looked flushed.
"Was that your first kiss?" I asked.
She nodded slightly.
"Was it ok?"
She nodded again.
"Do you wanna try again?"
She bit her lip and nodded a 3rd time. wrapping her arms around my neck and mine slipping around her waist pulling her closer. It was smooth soft and warm. Nothing like the other girls I had kissed.
"Well well well. What do we have here?" My dad and alec stepped out for the shadows.
"Dad I-"I started but he cut me off.
"Finally Alec a child to connect our families" they grinned and high fived.
"You mean you don't care.?" Penelope had hid behind me and had her arms around my waist.
"Hell no. I have to be honest I thought it would be izzys kid but hey. this works too."
"Thanks?"
"Its wedding time tho. So..." Alec started
"Stop making out in the hallway and move." My dad finished. They turned away and headed back to the wedding hall.
"Will you be my date to the wedding" I grinned
"I would be honored." she smiled back