Chapter 36

I watched them take my dad. He Willingly let them drag him to the balcony and he knelt beside Tessa. My mom was screaming, crying, fighting against Simon who was holding her back.
"Jace get down here!" She yelled. "Come back!!"
"Don't worry baby" He winked and smiled a sad smile. "I've got this."
My mom sunk to her knees and cried into Simon's lap. She quickly turned around and looked at my dad again. She whipped her eyes and stood up.
"Damn Clary, Who knew you loved me that much."
"Go to hell." My mom smiled up at him.
"As I seem to remember, I had a pretty good time in hell, that lake was-"
"Shut up!" The Magistar yelled. The Automans poked My dad with their swords causing everyone the freeze. Magnus rolled over groaning and clutching his head.
"I'm feeling a strong sense of déjà vu."
James started laughing then. And then Magnus joined. Even Tessa on the balcony started snickering.
"What so funny?!" The Magistar screeched.
"It's just, this exact same thing happened like a century and a half ago and-" James didn't finish he just doubled over laughing harder.
"It's.. Really.. Not.. That.. Funny" Tessa gasped out in between fits of laughter.
"Then stop laughing." The Magistar growled. Tessa bit her lip but the laughing just came out of her nose in snorting sounds.
The Automan that had its sword to Jace, shoved it a little harder causing Jace to wince in pain. The laughing stopped and the only thing that could be heard was the ringing of silence. The metal soldier loosened the grip on My dad. I looked around at our rag tag group of Shadowhunters. Magnus couldn't stand, Simon had a bloody nose that has dripped down and all over his shirt, Alec had a nasty gash on his arm that he was holding pressure on, Izzy seemed okay, Tess had a few scratches but Gabe took care of those pretty quick, Jem and Penelope were fine Penelope just looked tired, Rose had made it out with a big bruise on her eye, and my mom had a nasty cut over her eye. We looked utterly hopeless. Then My dad began to glow. He glowed a bright orange color at first, and then he looked like he had set himself on fire. He Melted the Automans arm off that had been holding him down, and then turned to melt a giant hole through its chest. He ripped the heads off the ones holding Tessa down.
"Not possible" The Magistar whispered.
"Oh but it is Karen." My dad grinned.
"It can't be."
"The heavenly fire never really leaves you, especially after you've saved an angel. I'm protected."
Karen turned to run but my dad was quicker. He grabbed her, feeling her skin melt under his touch.
"I'm not one for torture, So I'll make it quick."
He snapped her neck, the crack echoing like a scream around the warehouse. Everyone looked up in horror. The Automans around us seized up and fell to the floor. My dad Stopped glowing, but no one knew what to say. He fell to his knees clutching his chest and gasping.
"It- BURNS" he gasped. tearing at his chest. But then he stopped. He still shook on the ground, but he wasn't in any pain.
"Jace!" My mom cried. She ran to his side and turned him over. His long blonde hair sprawled out all around him.
"Can I say now say that my heart burned for you baby?"
"Dad that was so lame." Jem snorted.
"Watch it son."
He sat up and looked around at everyone.
"Me and Rose are getting married" I stated.
Everyone turned and looked and started laughing.
"What's so funny?!" I asked.
"It's about damn time son. It's only been like 3.5 years."