Chapter 17

*Will pov*

I hadn't really known what to expect at London. I knew it was gonna be like massive and shit, but this place was gigantic, what did they even use all this for. London was the oldest of institutes, so everything felt like it was a century old and would crumble if I touched it. I had actually made a table crumble, but oops. I hadn't really spoken to tess or rose lately. But apparently me and jem are only useful for carrying things for extremely long distances because that's all we ever did.
There was one face that I was dying to not see here in London. Actually a whole family of people. I wasn't on the finest terms with the Kingsmill family, but sadly they resided in the London institute. I was wallowing in my self amazement when I heard footsteps wondering down the hallway. Because of my amazing looks, my luck seemed to be a bit short, I guess I could only have one.
"Gabriel Kingsley, is that you?" I asked grinning
"William Herondale." he glared at me
"I see your arm has healed."
"it's been many years hasn't it. I know you just enjoy making fun."
"you know me so well."
"Why are you even here?"
"The wedding of course. or have you failed to notice what is going on around you."
"I'm just shocked they would invite you."
"I'm a very gentlemanly young man when I wish to be."
"and your english is also fantastic" He looked quite pleased. Just then Jem, Tess, and Rose rounded the corner.
"Will, did you break his arm again?"
"Nice to see you too James."
Tess and rose did not say anything, but Tess looked at gabe curiously, I had realized then that Tess had never met Gabe.
"Tess, Rose, this is Gabriel Kingsley"
"Please to meet you." He stuck his hand out to greet Tess, you could see the blush raise in her cheeks. She did eventually take his hand, but did not let go until she noticed I was looking.
Rose did not offer her hand, but simply slipped her hand into mine.
"Will managed to find a girl willing to take him?" he raised his eyebrows at Rose.
"Ain't she beautiful," I said wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her closer. He shuddered at my poor English and he says had.
Tess was still goggling over him and I wasn't sure was jem was thinking but he looked slightly amused.
"Tess its time to stop oodleing over poor Gabriel." I cleared my throat. the blush came darker into her cheeks, but she looked away.
"Cece will be so sad I finally found a girl instead of letting her win my heart." I laughed, getting the effect I wanted.
Gabe clenched his fists into balls and closed his eyes like he needed peace. he looked like the human version of satan.
"Cece is actually getting married." he said quietly.
My grin faded, damn her being happy.
"Oh dear, I was so hoping to read some more poems that dedicate her love to me at the wedding this year. Now it just won't be as fun as I planned."
his hands went towards my neck like he wanted to choke me,
"Well nice seeing you gabe! Come on Will!" Jem took my arm and steered me away from Gabe.
On my way back to my room I saw Tessa and James, they looked happy. They were looking out a window laughing and seemed to sharing old stories. I knew it was probably hard for them to come back here, I squeezed Rose as reassurance.