Epilouge

5 Years later:
*Will pov*
I stood in front of all the people at Tess and Gabes wedding remembering all of the lovely things she said at my wedding.
"Tess I love you. I really do. I stand here and I look at my sister, with a man that I thought was my enemy for 16 years. I now realize he really was never my enemy, So I offer advice to him." Tess looked proud that I hadn't embarrassed her yet. She smiled at me encouraging me to continue.
"Don't be a loner and cover your boner." The reaction was perfect. Jem. spit his drink all over the table, Rose has snorted it all up her nose and Tess and Gabe looked horrified.
"Don't make a mistake and cover your snake." I continued. "and lastly this is the biggest piece so your going to want to pay close attention. Nothing can go wrong when you wrap your dong."

20 years later: I watched my child get her first runes today. My very first baby was all grown up and was showing off her runes. My parents Now with very grey hair stood proudly along with the rest of my family. We never managed to split apart, Even the Carstairs still resided with us. Tess was pregnant, her and Gabe were expecting a child in 2 months. Rose was also due in 3. Our life was happy.

50 years later: I was 91 laying on my deathbed next to my wife. Jem had died a year ago, sending Penelope into shock.  Tessa tried to help her through the pain But it had been to much. Penelope was found dead in their bedroom 2 months after Jem had died. She died a hero. Jem Carstairs had died 5 years ago. I didn't understand how Tessa was still standing. She always looked sad, but she never aged. She looked the same she had 80 years ago. But I was dying. My children and grandchildren surrounded me. Telling story's about me and Rose. We had lived a good life, a happy life. I was ready to die next to my wife, to pass on and live a new life. The last thing I remember were Rosalie's eyes before the light took me.
➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

*Tessa Carstairs pov*

That was my second life. My first life had been with Will and the London institute, and when he died I thought I could not move on. But I managed. My second life had been With Jem and the New York institute. The story you just read. I do not wish to live another life. To fall in love again. To have children with someone else. Everyone I loved was dead, even Magnus Bane had died after Alec. Alec died of old age, he aged gracefully while Magnus stayed the same. But when Alec died Magnus fell apart, he barley got dressed, he was angry and sad all the time, he drank every alcoholic beverage in the apartment and he couldn't take it. He drove the seraph blade through his own chest.  Penelope was worse. I didn't understand why these deaths were so painful for all of us. Magnus, Penelope and now me, we survived so much hurt through our life. Magnus more than most. But I did not want another life.  These were the only lives I could ever want for myself. I felt fulfilled. I felt finished. It was time for me to be done. It's not easy deciding how you will die. Deciding your perfect method. But mine was. I took that knife I had kept so long. The one that was stained with Dirt and Will's blood, that I dug up from under the tree in Wales all those years ago. I took that Knife and drove it through my chest, and it only hurt for a moment.

I closed my eyes for a second and my world went white.

"Jesus Tessa, could have been any more morbid?" I heard his voice. It had been so long since I heard that voice. I opened my eyes and saw them all. Every piece of my family stood in front of me. I wasn't sure where I was, or what happened. Maybe heaven was real, or maybe this was all a dream. But I didn't want whatever it was to end.