Chapter 6

*tess pov*

I watched will for days. Sleeping in the infirmary, never leaving Jem's side. I also watched jem. While he seemed to be getting better, he didn't wake up. His face was still blistered and red. Will didnt talk to Rosalie either. She tried to talk to him, but he shrugged her away. I had heard her crying in her room one night. The boxes we had gotten from her old apartment had been moved inside, but still lay by the front door. While I was younger than the other 3 by only 1 year, I always could sneak around unnoticed. I could roam around for hours. When I was younger I loathed jem and will. They always had each other, someone that always had their back. They got to do special things while I stayed back and read. But now, I saw the burden of jems injury on wills shoulders. I wanted to help, but Will would just shrug me away. Jems injury had taken a toll on every person. It was always serious. Magnus was here more often, the adults whispered at the table.
"TESS!" Will yelled down the hall. That was another thing. Kids were not allowed on missions any longer.
"YEA?"
"GET. IN. HERE." I ran down the hall and barely stopping to turn into the doorway. I couldn't believe the sight. Jem while still burned was sitting up rubbing his head. He was squinting and looking around, confused. Will was grinning like a mad man. He has a happy look that hadn't been there since the accident.
"Who are you guys?" Jem asked. I watched the happiness drain right out of Will.