-2-

(Those reading this a just confused even if I hinted at it, this is a GIP story and I actually have an in world explanation for it.)

I was crouching, left knee lower then my right and hovering over the ground, concentrate Akito.

I dove aside, closing and opening my palm, a jet off flames coming from it until I shook my fist to make it evaporate.

I slammed my hands together and pulling them apart a big empty hole formed between my fingers connecting my hands, thrusting my hand in it and pulling out a blade that was one sided known as a katana.

It had the smallest hilt and was light enough to be held one handed despite it being two handed, a blade passed down in the family like my name, it was my great grandpa's because they thought I was a boy before my chest came in

I rushed forwards as the blade left the pocket realm and slashed.

"Not bad." I lowered the katana. "But you need to shorten the time even more, the flame cloud almost completely dissipated by the time you slashed at the enemy, our clothes are heavily layered with enchantments you can jump through flames without fear." The captain said, he was called Devin and was a cold man but really knowledgeable.

"Right." I made a hole between my thumb and pointer finger and slid the blade back in the pocket, I needed to keep in mind what I put in there to be able to free the right things.

I watched the straw man thump on the ground, cut apart by my strike.

"Now.... Precision."

I reached in my left hip pouch with my right hand and in the right with my left and whipped them out.

"Not bad, really good even." The four four pointed throwing stars I chucked each hit the target straight on and right next to each other. "You didn't loose your accuracy."

"I needed to work in a brothel for two months to get to that man, that isn't enough time to make me forget my training." I didn't have a mask here as I was with my fellow shadows tho I had changed my long sleeved shirt into one with a turtle neck and it was long enough to unfold and cover my lover face and reach over my nose, I liked being able to hide my expression, my eyes were a permanent narrow set pair so I didn't worry about those giving me away but an accidental smirk did slip by more then once.

"Good, expected nothing of the realm knight."

"Refrain from the title."

"That's your title given to you by our gracious queens."

"Do you want me to call you Tidal Wave in that case?"

"No need for formalities."

"Then you have your answer."

"Yeah yeah, I finished checking your skills, you can go on."

"My skills never dull."

 "Good to know."

------------------------------------------------------

I stepped out of the shadows when the throne room was empty.

"Your Majesties called?" I said with a bow of my head.

"Raise your head and yes we did." Our queen of Solor said.

"An empire allied to Solor--" The dragon queen said, both their traits still as young as in any depictions of them, dragons do live a long time. I've only seen her dragon once but it is a majestic silver beast. "-has requested our help dealing with trouble, they didn't say much but what we got is that it is really important."

"What can I do to help?"

"Along with one mage, you will be sent over to serve the ruling queen... Empress, as they call themselves in that continent but it is basically the same title as ours, you two will be sent there to serve as I said, that will be your new home."

"I am honored silver queen but can I ask why me? With all due respect, sire Tidal Wave or lady Sickle Vines are much more apt and older so they have more experience."

"Indeed they do but you shadow are the best choice, your ability is versatile and you actually gained it from spirits my daughter protects, only a few are blessed by the spirits even if it has been a long time since the worlds are as one, it just proves to them that we are taking this alliance seriously to give such rarity." Indeed, I couldn't do magic and a spirit had left the gate to the spirit realm, interested in me, it was a big owl the size of a small child, the feathers black and filled with stars like the night sky, eyes pits of purple.

"Should I keep who I am and what I can do a secret?"

"We leave that up to your judgment."

"Very well."

"Do not linger, the horses are ready to leave."

I bowed again.

"It was an honor serving you and Solor all these years dear queens."

"Have a safe travel."

"And a prosperous life."

"Same back at you Majesties."

-------------------------------------------------------

I didn't have much to pack and what I did, I passed into my pocket realm, only having some weapons on me and in my pouches.

I glanced at my mask and debated leaving it here as I would soon not be a Solor citizen anymore and not part of the shadows but decided against it and sent it away too, it could be of use.

--------------------------------------------------

The mage I met up with was a young girl, around sixteen so she must be near mastery of her main element which I take is fire from the blazing short red hair and eyes, the uniforms they wear never changed, same old design, but the color of the undershirt and gloves changed with each generation of new mages, this time is was a light blue color.

I hopped on the pitch black horse offered to me.

"These horses will now be yours, a parting gift of her Majesties, they await being named, Mage Sel yours is a male while lady Akito yours is a female." I nodded.

"I'll call you.... Night." The horse huffed as I patted her neck. The mage's horse was a pure brown horse with one blotch of white over its right eye.

"We'll get to our destination in a week, ready! March!" The guard leading the convoy said, six others joining us.

"Nervous?" I looked at the mage as they talked to me.

"No, not that much." I said, turtle neck still rolled up to cover my lower face, I didn't know them enough to even think of lowering it.

"Well I am."

"Don't be kid." I glanced at her, holding eye contact while my face still faced ahead. "I won't let anyone harm you."

"Nice to hear." I smiled behind the cloth, looking back ahead.