-52-

Fear.

Fear is all I felt.

Fear is all I was.

As I saw the golden beast rise into the sky with a deafening roar.

Fear paralyzed my limbs at it approached.

Is this what they wanted us to go up against? we were lucky they didn't fight us before!

I fell to my knees as me comrades ran into battle around me.

Blazing hot golden flames left the beast.

They are so be--

--------------------------------------------------

I scoffed with a smile as I picked up an arrow from the ground and threw it full force back at those that shot it, going through the chest of a man.

"Come on peasants! Bring glory to your empire by killing the empress of Kazaras!" I yelled at them, throwing my arms out by my side. "I don't bite~." I chuckled softly as the first fool rushed me.

I side stepped his sloppy swing with his blade and slammed the edge of my helmet, where both sides fused to form a sharp edge, down on the forehead of the man as I butted heads with him, the sharp edge splitting a hole through the bone.

"But I do kill." I said. "Dragon scales are amazing." I turned to face the next, kicking out his legs from underneath him and cutting him in half, simple chain-mail  useless to a dragon scale sword. "I should reward my little knight for gifting me this... But I feel like the others might get jealous.... How exciting."

I throw my sword like a spear and skewered two men on it before punching another, an orange glow flashing through my gauntlet and literally blasting the head off the enemy.

"Oh wow." I smiled in shock, these scales are reacting to my magic I think, making it more.... They are making it stronger.

"I'll show you to ever threaten those I held dear!" I exclaimed, lifting my fists.

----------------------------------------------------

I bite the head of a man while flying over them before twisting and launching higher up in the skies to not be shot down.

Its not fair, Owen gets front paws which I don't, but well I never tasted the blood of a dragon... I bet it would be delicious.

I ignited the magic in the back of my throat and while diving down to glide over the sea of enemies, breathed out, dousing all in liquid fire before arching back up.

I heard a screech and dipped left to avoid another wyvern, oh they too are bringing out the big games huh? lets play.

I dove after the wyvern I avoided just before and sank my back claws into its wings and yanked, easily dislocating the wing and making it and its rider fall from the skies.

I looked up to see several approaching, this will not be easy.

------------------------------------------

"Owen! Drop me off!" I yelled at him.

"No." I heard his deep dragon voice grumble but unlike the rest he didn't need to speak out loud to me, as a dragon too I learnt some of their magic as this one doesn't need to be externalized so even I am able to achieve it, speaking through minds.