-29-

"This is not what I expected." I said to myself.

From the eagle's tower I stared down and could already see the streets full of people with selling booths for wines and foods with many others.

I was up here to see if an eagle brought me any news but there was none so I left.

----------------------------------------------------

"I wonder.... Should I tell the others?" I asked myself while walking towards the throne room, talking about my condition, many know the silver queen's daughter, Kia, is the long gone prince Eleric's blood daughter and her older sister queen Siera had been the daughter of the purple queen and mage Emersme.... So I feel like if I told them they might try to convince me to have heirs with each of them and I feel Elise would be on board, if for nothing more then just to spite her family.

"Tell others what?" I whipped around and grinned.

"I thought you'd be here soon." I bowed slightly as a friendly greeting before I walked towards the masked man that opened his arms to me and hugged me, I gave it back before stepping back and just grinning at the familiar mask. "I thought you'd need convincing to come over here instead of staying with the shadow knights."

"Oh you know if you call I jump, its always with you that the most exciting adventures come and when I was told you'd need my help I couldn't resist."

"Come with me, I'll present you to the empress and queens, keep the mask, she'll like the surprise."

"Gladly."

-----------------------------------------------

"My dear empress I present to you the shadow knight I summoned forth to aide us." I said, waving my arm at the man that accompanied me, he bowed like I did when I came.

"Raise your head shadow." Elise said and he did so. "Who are you?"

"Empress it is an honor to meet you." He grabbed his mask and I saw Kia's eyes go wide at his voice as he pushed the hood hiding his head off and pulled the mask off. "I am Owen, second to best of the shadow knights and the forgotten heir of Solor and the dragons." He said, his golden eyes twinkling brightly, looking no older then twenty but was much older, hair cut short and as silver as Kia's, still baby faced as I liked reminding him when he rubbed his chin as if he had a beard.

"Owen!" Kia ran across the room and jumped into his arms and he twirled her around, he was half a head taller then her, his outfit mirrored mine but his had a hood and a leather chest piece instead of a leather corset, he'd look hilarious in that. "I missed you so much!"

"I did too big sister." Elise visibly relaxed that this man was of Kia's blood.

"How did you do that?" Kia asked me.

"I'd like to ask the same thing." Elise said.

"As he said he is the forgotten heir, the true blood heir with blood from purple and silver, he gave long gave up his name and titles, his is Owen the second in command of the shadow knights, the only exception the rules of being a shadow knight. His existence written out of any books as he wished to serve the queendom in all ways he could."

"Akito is leaving out some points, I wanted to serve the queendom yes but laws kept me from it, that's why I had joined the shadows, so I wouldn't be held back by those and be able to keep my family safe if all else fell as the mages are the last line of defense but the shadows are the true final defense." He said, pulling out a silver sword and put the point on the ground while holding the pommel with both hands and kneeling down on one knee, head lowered. "I have heard of your outlook on us men but I promise you I am like none of them, I will be your shadow and my blade, Lasracha, sword of silver flames, will not rest until all your enemies are six feet underground my empress." I wasn't aware his mother had given him her sword.

"Do stand again forgotten heir Owen." He rose to his feet. "I already have a shadow in Akito but don't weep, our dear little shadow here took it upon herself to make me my own shadows outside the law, let it be that you both work together."

"We've known each other for a long time, that won't be a problem." He nodded. "I'd be honored to serve by your side again realm knight." She bowed a little.

"Same shall be said for me silver shadow." I gave one back as acknowledgement, a welcome change that someone else knew of the gesture language of Solor.

"So I don't know if Akito warned you but we need you to spy on the empire of Lorik for us as we need to be sure if it's them or not planning my death, the festival will start tomorrow so your assignment starts after it is over and we came back from the festivities in Lorik as it is mandatory to visit."

"Yes my empress."

"And you'll be the one walking your fellow knight down to the altar tomorrow as you are the one closest to her, not by blood but occupation." He glanced at me and I shook my head, waving my hand, telling him that I'd explain later.

"It would be an honor." He nodded.

"You are all dismissed, Akito show him to the chambers, as your right hand and another shadow he'll be roomed the the left of you in the empty room."

"Yes empress." I nodded, I feel like the real game is just beginning.