Chapter 32: Just One Night

January 15th 2015:The rest of the week has been fairly uneventful. I wouldn't go as far as to saying I enjoy school, but it's not as bad as I initially thought. The three girls have accepted me into their friendship group which has proved useful. Between the three of them and Betty and her friends, I always have someone to sit with for each class. And I am now in multiple group chats- the constant texting does become tedious.

Peter's in a few more of my classes. He introduced me to his friend Ned who's just as awkward and they both really need to learn how to whisper. For example, I'd made it to the end of the week. I was exhausted and ready to go home when I heard Ned "whisper" to Peter: 'Dude, that mystery girl is your new competition.' To which Peter replied: 'I don't get it, how could she be that smart?'

That was a real kick in the gut. Who does he think he is? Just because he feels threatened by my intelligence. Well, I'll show him. 

So I turned around to confront Peter but as I whipped on my heels, the idiot knocked right into me and I landed on my ass, which was embarrassing. Then Flash showed up, offered me his hand, pulled me up from the ground. Fine. 

But then he had to say: 'You ok Baby?'

Strike one

Then shout at Peter: 'Hey, Penis Parker! Watch where you're going!'

Strike two

Peter's an idiot but he doesn't deserve unprovoked abuse from Flash.

'Alright Flash that's enough.' I snapped, already pissed off. 

'Aww Kate has a soft spot for Penis Parker.' Flash laughed with his friends. 

Strike three

I turned around and grabbed Flash by his collar. 

'Don't you dare call me baby or any other derogatory names again or I will punch you in the face. And leave Peter alone too. Understand?' I snarled, eyes darkening. His friends around him did that obnoxious oohing, laughing at my threat. One look shut them up. Bitch please, I may be the new girl but I'm still a Stark. Peter tried to mumble an apology but I stormed right past him, still angry at his earlier comment. 

Dad was impressed when I told him I'd threatened Flash. He asked how none of the teachers saw.

'Let's just say that those security cameras have a nasty habit of switching off.' I grinned mischievously. 

Most of my homework I do in the quiet of the night. I thought school would distract from my nightmares but instead Pietro shows up everywhere. And now other people are dying too: Dad, Steve, Nat, friends from school, even Peter. And surrounding it all is six different coloured mists. The infinity stones. I tried to ask Loki what it means but he still won't talk to me. 

Well that's fine I don't need him either. 

It's the end of the week and I am completely shattered. I wish I could sleep. As is my usual routine, I use the black sparks to clear my skin of tiredness and grab a mug of coffee. School has gotten in the way of my usual training so I use this free time to go out for a long run (in the safety of the tower's gym) and then practice some offensive manoeuvres. 

'You ready for tonight?' Dad asks, handing me my water bottle. 

I stare at him, a hand poised on my hip. 'I'm surprised you're letting me go. Actually, I'm surprised mum's letting you let me go.'