Chapter 2: On Your Left

Days since Fury visited: 9 months and 26 days

Days spent working on mission: 9 months and 12 days

Days off: 21 (secretly) 

Days at SHIELD: 26

Am I bored of the food?: Yes

Do I unnecessarily snack?: All the time

Do I want to go home?: Yes

Am I closer to completing this mission?: Who knows

Day 26: Diary Entry 

As stated previously in my notebook, I have been here 26 days. 26 very repetitive days. Undercover work really puts you to the test. Everyday is the same, I can't talk to anybody, the food sucks and most of the time I have to eat alone. 

Clint was here at the beginning but then he was shipped off elsewhere. We had fun for a couple of days because he was one of the few people who actually knew my true identity. I had him cleared way back along with everyone else on the top of that stupid list.   

Steve has been around and about but, as Captain America, he actually gets sent on assignments rather than sitting in front of a laptop all day and following people around. He knows I'm here but we don't engage much. I have to be careful because he's high profile and I'm invisible. I don't want people to start asking questions. 

The only person I've got is Natasha. As a spy, she's invisible too so we work well together. Nat's the only friend I've got here. Of course, she doesn't know why I'm really here. Fury fed her the same lies as everyone else. "Interning." I'm careful to avoid the topic though- she would suss me out in seconds. In the free time we have, we've trained together. My fighting has improved but Nat still wins. She's taught me some cool spying things like how to read people and lie. Annoyingly though, Fury often sends her away on missions so mostly I'm by myself. I haven't seen Nat for nearly a week. I miss her.

My schedule is Eat Train Work Eat Work Eat Train Sleep. Training consists of fighting but mostly exercise. I have to be careful using my powers so I've started running instead. I hated it at first but it's actually a good stress reliever. Plus, all the energy that builds up inside of me, from being trapped around so much electricity, powers me on. It feels good, it feels free and it's the only time I get away from the compound. I'm used to being stuck inside but at least in Malibu there was the balcony and pool and beach. SHIELD feels like a dungeon, sealing me in. There's something suspicious about this place. Like there's some big obvious secret I'm-

My head whips up from my notebook. There's a knock on the door. I quickly hide my books and open up the fake numbers page.  'Come in.' I call, whilst tapping random digits into boxes. 

The door opens and in slips Natasha. She's had her hair done since I last saw her. It's glossy and straight and absolutely beautiful. But then, it always is. 

'Hi Nat! How was your mission?' I greet, pleased to see her. 

Nat doesn't answer and instead closes the door behind her quietly. She pulls up a chair next to me. Her arms are crossed and she stares right into my eyes. She doesn't blink once.
I'm scared and I can feel my stomach twisting. I don't ask what she's doing. I know her tactic, she's waiting me out. She knows something is up. I have to keep calm and act innocent so I look at her, confused but smiling sweetly.

'Does Stark know why you're really here?' Nat finally asks.  

'He knows what Hill told him. That I'm interning for SHIELD and that I'll be home soon. The month is almost up.'

'Hmm... so he doesn't know you're spying for Fury and looking for a SHIELD infiltrator?'