Chapter 13

I awoke when the carriage jerked to a stop. I quickly sat up, only to instantly regret it and lean on Finny again as my head filled with pain once again for a moment, before fading to a small thudding. I felt someone pat my head, and I looked up to see Alex looking at me.

"We need to get inside before someone sees you," he said.

I simply nodded. He got out of the carriage, then Finny behind him. They both helped me down, then Alex let go to help Peter. Maria was the last to exit the carriage. She and Alex and Dad grabbed the luggage, and we headed for the building before us.

It was a tall brick building, so I assumed the people who owned it were pretty well off. The windows were clean and clear, and through them I could see fancy curtains. Where exactly are we? I asked myself.

"What a beautiful inn," Maria said in awe.

"This is an inn?" I asked, forgetting my anger momentarily. "It looks like a manor!"

Dad laughed. "A wealthy family does own it, so it's sort of a manor they rent out."

"You rented out the entire manor?" Alex asked. "How?"

Dad smiled. "I have my ways," he stated, before walking up to the building.

We all followed him inside. It was beautiful. The chandelier looked purely crystal. The walls had a wood design, the floor soft carpet. The ceiling was high. High enough to give me flashbacks to Christopher's lab, me and Alex hanging in cages made of anti demon metals. I looked down at my hands, shuddering.

Alex wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I looked at him, and was smiling sympathetically. He knew what I was thinking about. He was there too, after all.

Dad, apparently, had continued speaking while I was looking around. "...each have separate rooms. Maria, I'm sure Peter will stay with you, and boys, you'll both take turns watching Selena. I've also picked everyone's rooms." He smiled, and I tried to smile back, but a part of me still felt like ignoring him for keeping such a huge secret from me.

"Let's all go to Selena's room for now, then," Maria suggested. "She needs to rest."

Dad nodded, and led the way to my room.

***

Third Person POV:

Once Selena was settled in her bed, everyone else found somewhere to sit or stand. Finny stayed near Selena, who still seemed to only trust him.

Selena told everyone of the conversation with Angelina. She told them everything about the place they were suppose to meet tonight. When she was finished, the room was quiet.

Alex was thinking. How is this angel going to help her stay stronger? This makes no sense.

"There is only one thing we can do, then," Sebastian said, breaking the silence that had engulfed the room. "We go meet with this angel and see if she can truly do something to help."

Everyone nodded in agreement, except for Selena. She seemed lost in thought. Eventually, she snapped out of her trance, and looked at Alex, but said nothing.

"We should leave soon," Maria stated. "It's already getting late."

"We still have some time before we need to leave," Sebastian said, glancing at his pocket watch.

"Well, then," Maria said. "Why don't I go fix a snack or something?" Without waiting for an answer, she left the room.

Finny stood as well, and walked over to Peter. "Why don't we go look around and find something to do?"

Peter smiled and nodded. He took Finny's hand and they, too, left.

"Dad?" Selena asked. "Can I talk to Alex alone for a few minutes?"

Sebastian sighed, then smiled and nodded. He also left the room, leaving only Alex and Selena.

"Be careful how you tell him." Serena told Selena. "You never know how this kind of news will affect someone."

"I know, I will." Selena answered.

"Alex, you know how you told me you had this feeling that you had met my father before?"

Alex, taken aback by the question, could only nod in responce.

Selena took a deep breath. "Well, you have. You've also met me before."

Alex was stunned into silence. What was she talking about? He was certain he had never met her before. What is going on?

"Anyway, I remembered everything after that block was removed from my mind. I was thinking maybe you have one too, since you don't seem to remember me. That's also why I felt betrayal. But that's from my parents. Not you."

Alex was still beyond confused.

"What I'm trying to say is, I remember everything. From very early in my life up until now. I remember you, meeting your parents, who, Alex, weren't even your real parents."

"Selena, what are you talking about? The people who raised me weren't my parents?"

Selena shook her head. "No, they weren't. I met them before they took you in."

"Why was I given to them? What aren't you telling me, Selena? I need to know."

Selena looked into his pleading eyes, and wondered if starting this whole conversation was a mistake. Maybe there was a bigger reason they hadn't known of each other than just their protection.

"You've already started. No backing down now," Serena said flatly.

"You're a lot of help," Selena answered sarcastically.

Selena took a deep breath, then said, "Alex, you were given away for your protection. Mine, too. They thought it would be dangerous to keep us together, and that we would have a better chance of survival if we didn't know each other, so they took our memories."

"Who's 'they?'"

Selena looked Alex in the eyes. "Sebastian and Angelica Michaelis. Our parents." She could see Alex's eyes grow wide in realization as she finished, "You're my brother, Alex. My twin brother, actually."

(So? I know lots of you saw this coming. And sorry to crash some ships, but it had to be done. You all know you secretly wanted this to happen. Don't lie to yourselves. Anyway, sorry for not updating this sooner, but the wifi at home has been out recently... again. My dad finally fixed it, and I didn't want to post somewhere with free wifi and then come home and miss out on all your comments! That's what keeps this story going! Alright guys. I hope you enjoyed, and I'll hopefully have the next chapter up in less than a week. Love you all!)