Chapter 7

(Hello, all, and welcome to chapter seven of Recovering the Lost. I just wanted to say that the image is the closest I could get to Serena. So just picture what I have shown you all with lower back length hair, and whatever clothes they are wearing in whatever chapter you're reading. If they are in the other world place thing, then you can picture the dress shown in the picture. Just want to explain it! Thanks for all the votes and stuff so far, also! You are the best fans ever. Love you all and enjoy!)

Third Person POV:

Once Serena was in control, she felt her worry for Selena still on her face. She immediately shook it off and replaced it with her signature smirk. She wasn't trying to be rueful or mean anymore. Now she just wanted to mess with the reaper's head more than anything.

"You called?" Serena asked Maria and Alex snidely.

"Alex, I thought you said she wasn't like this in reality," Maria accused.

Alex ignored her. "Serena, we can't have you acting like this right now. I need to know what happened to Selena. Now drop the act and please, tell me what happened."

"I refuse to trust the reaper," Serena said, crossing her arms.

"Serena, I promise, she won't hurt you. Don't you trust me?"

Serena jumped at the sound of Selena's voice in her head. Closing her eyes, she calmly replied, "Of course I trust you. It's the reaper I'm worried about."

"Then why were you in such a rush to get me to her when I collapsed? You even called her by her name instead of 'Reaper.'"

"Because there was nothing I could do while you were inside with me. I had no other option."

"You don't have any other option right now. You have to trust her. I..."

"Selena? Is something wrong?"

"Nothing, just talk to her. Please."

"Alright. For your sake, I'll trust her for now."

"Thank you." And then Selena was quiet. Serena turned back to Maria and Alex. Taking a deep breath, she explained everything.

***

Serena finished speaking, and the room went silent. There wasn't even anything inside her letting her know that Selena was still there. She was about to excuse herself and search for the angel when the door to the room opened.

Sebastian stepped into the room, closing the door behind him. Serena barely heard footsteps downstairs, which she assumed belonged to either Finny or Peter.

For a brief moment, Serena felt Sebastian's eyes on her, then he turned to Maria.

"I hope you don't mind, but I let myself in," he said in a careless tone.

"I can see that." Maria answered.

"What happened? I had a bad feeling, but couldn't leave to find out what was going on." Sebastian stood by the window, near where Alex was sitting.

Serena remained quiet, refusing to even look at her father. She had no idea how she would be able to talk to him about anything involving Selena.

Maria spoke up, and repeated Serena's story. Once she was finished, Serena could once again feel her father's eyes staring holes into her.

"Serena?"

She gave him not so much as a nod to show she was listening.

Sebastian continued anyway. "Thank you."