Chapter 10

"Selena, are you sure you're okay?" Serena asked me. Her concern was evident on her face, her blood red eyes sad.

Once I'd fallen asleep, I'd been transported here, to this world inside of me, where Serena had been patiently waiting. She took one look at me and knew I was not okay.

"No," I answered honestly. "My head feels like it's splitting in half. What's wrong with me?"

The look on Serena's face saddened. "I wish I knew. I didn't think that the process would happen so quickly after we separated."

"Serena?" I asked, after sitting on the ground and staring to rub my head.

She walked over and sat beside me. "Yeah?"

I wanted to ask, but I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer. I braced myself for the worst, then spoke my question.

"Will we still be able to talk to each other after we join back together? Once all this is over?"

Serena sighed. "I don't know. My hope is that we can. You've become like a sister to me. Which I guess is a bit weird, considering we're two halves of the same person."

I nodded. The motion made my head feel worse, but I couldn't help it. I felt the same way.

"I also don't really want to join back." She paused, but then hastily added, "But I will, because you'll die if we don't. I also know you want to be back to your old self again."

I nodded again, holding my head tighter.

I saw her frown out the corner of my eye. "Get some sleep. I'll wake you if something happens."

"I thought I was asleep?"

"Your body is, but not you. You need to rest, too. Hopefully that headache will be gone in the morning."

I nodded, then lay down, and fell asleep almost instantly.

***

Third Person POV:

Serena looked down at the sleeping Selena, her pale gray wings, her translucent body, her short and uneven breaths she only took when sleeping.

"I'm sorry, Selena, but I'm leaving for a few minutes. I'll be right back." Serena looked at her other half for a few moments longer, then left.

***

Serena sat up on the bed, and looked over to see Alex in the chair, asleep. Good, she thought, then stood and left the room.

She walked down the stairs, struggling slightly, and made her way to the dining room. There, her father was making preparations to leave. Serena could hear Maria in the kitchen washing dishes.

"Dad," she said, her eyes shining with unshead tears.

Sebastian looked up to see his demon daughter leaning against the wall, holding herself up. He dropped what he was doing and walked over to Serena. She willingly accepted his help and he led her over to the table. She sat in a chair, Sebastian stood next to her.

"You've become weak as well," Sebastian observed. Serena only nodded, breathing somewhat heavily.

"Did you need something?" He asked suddenly, growing worried. "Is Selena alright?"

Serena took a deep breath, then spoke. "Selena is getting worse. She's lying to you now. When we're in that separate world together, she's pale and translucent, like she's fading away. Which she is. She needs help."

"So do you," Sebastian said.

"I'll be fine. You're always around. That whole demon energy thing. Selena needs an angel. We have to see if we can find one around who's willing to help us."

"How are we supposed to look for an angel?" Sebastian asked curiously. "Selena is the only one of us that can track them, and she's too ill to be roaming the city and trying to locate someone."

Serena lowered her voice. "I think she already found one. Or rather, an angel found her."

"What?"

"I don't know if you could tell or not, but before she went to bed, she had an insane headache. It stayed with her in our world. It wasn't a body thing, it was soul. I think either there's an angel nearby and she's feeling it, or an angel is trying to communicate somehow and Selena has no idea what's going on."

"You could be right. So if you were, would we have to take her to where her headache is the strongest?"

"Or we could see if Alex can do anything. He is part angel, you know."

"I doubt he'd be able to do anything."

"But we could at least try. Selena will be more comfortable with him than a complete stranger. He can try to track the angel. It won't almost kill her if he can find them."

Sebastian was quiet. He seemed to be thinking it over. Finally, he said, "We'll try in the morning before we leave."

Serena nodded, then stood. She walked back toward the stairs, her hand on the wall. Sebastian could sense that she didn't want his help. He simply watched her as she turned the corner to go up the stairs, then turned back to what he had been doing.

Serena finally got the the top of the stairs. She took a deep breath, then started walking toward her room. She successfully reached her room, then fell to the floor and leaned against the wall.

Serena took deep breaths, closing her eyes. She heard the doorknob to her room jiggle, then the door swing open. Alex ran out, looking terrified.

"Alex, I'm right here," Serena said quietly.

Alex's eyes fell on her. Serena couldn't tell if he was annoyed or mad at her, and she didn't really care.

She held out her hand. Alex immediately helped her up and back into bed.

"It feels like the more I take over, the weaker I become..." Serena sighed.

Alex spoke up. "Why did you take over in the first place?"

"Because I had to talk to Sebastian. He had to know. No one else was going to tell him."

"Tell him what?"

"That Selena needs an angel by her side if she has even a chance at surviving." Serena never looked at Alex. "Sorry, but you're not enough. She needs to be around a full blooded angel, and I think one might be trying to communicate with her."

"Why would you think that?"

"I just explained everything to Sebastian," Serena sighed, tired and irritated. "Her headache isn't going to just be something she can sleep off. She's got an angel looking for her. It's affecting her soul, not her body. We need to find the angel. And you're going to help in the morning. See if you know where it's coming from."

Alex nodded.

Serena took another deep breath. "I have to go back. This is killing me..."

Serena didn't wait for Alex's responce. She left the body so quickly that Alex barely had enough time to catch it so she didn't hit her head. Alex hugged her empty body.

"I promised you, Selena. I'll do everything I can."

Alex lay her gently on the bed, and then returned to his chair.

(Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Just wanted to let you know that the picture is how I picture Selena. An angel still with her long black hair. Also, the beginning of this chapter felt really weird. I thought for a second I was about to through in some girlxgirl romance. I don't know, it just felt like it when I was writing it. I don't like writing that sort of thing. Its weird for me. Plus it wouuld be really weird if she fell in love with her other half. No offense, if that offends anyone. Love you guys! Next update should be out soon. Later!)