chapter-43

Josie was laying on her bed, listening to music and procrastinating to do her assignment. She had always been the kind of student who did things last minute and somehow she continued that tradition in college. Even though she had sworn that she wouldn't.

Yesterday with Penelope had been great for her. It had felt like things between them had shifted and she was on a good way to being with her in the way she wanted. The raven haired girl had looked beautiful. 

“Daydreaming about a certain girl are we?”, Lizzie's voice brought her back to reality and a blush crept onto her cheeks.

“No! I'm just thinking about....this assignment. And I need to finish it today anyhow”, Josie was quick to say.

“Hmm... By the way I passed by your cafe to see Penelope, I mean it's her first day back, so. And you won't believe what I saw?” Lizzie casually said, letting Josie's lie slide.

“What?”

“Penelope in her cute yellow cap and you know, what she asked me?”

“W- what?”

“Is Jojo not here? Uff....Park is so cute”

That had Josie sitting up straight. She wasn't sure if her best friend was playing with her or if she was being serious. It could definitely be the first since she knew how much Lizzie liked it to tease her about the dark haired girl.

“She asked about me? Are you lying to me?”, she narrowed her eyes in

Lizzie smirked.The brunette rolled her eyes. Lizzie knew that Josie hated that her best friend could mess with her like that. Before the barista there had never been a person Lizzie could tease her about and now that she could the blonde was clearly taking advantage of it.

“Lizzie. I think I should take a break...from all this assignment shit. We should go outside and chill for a while, we can go to....cafe”, Josie tried hard not to sound too excited.

“Weren't you saying you have to finish this all today?” Lizzie smirked

“I did? So what? I'm hungry now. Let's go” Josie stood up and started dragging Lizzie along.

“Yeah hungry for a certain barista” Lizzie giggles

------------------------------

She opened the door for Lizzie and when she stepped through the door her eyes immediately searched for Penelope. She found her working one of the machines and as the sound of the bell made it's way through the coffee shop she looked up. Meeting Josie's eyes and holding their eye contact for a couple of second.

Lizzie's eyes moved from Josie to Penelope and then back to her bestfriend.

The cafe was buzzing with life, everyone moving about and getting coffee. The baristas were skilled, keeping up with each order. It was a scene that Josie had only seen once before, but was incredibly mesmerizing to watch. However, she wasn’t watching the entire scene. She was watching one of the barista. Penelope, who was making coffee for a group of high school girls. She was beautiful. Josie had been watching her for a while, having worked out when she would come in to work.

“Ask her out”

“No. Not now.” Josie whispered to her best friend.