chapter-9

Josie was standing outside the cafe slightly wet from continuously raining. It's not like Mystic Falls is having rain always but when it does, hell it gets difficult to reach to somewhere or someone.

Josie quickly peered through the window of the cafe, squinting past her long false eyelashes to see inside.

'Come on. Come on. Come on. Please be here. If you are not here I will totally blame rain. But please, be here'

And sure enough, she was. Flashing a dazzling smile. Josie's favorite barista who she had yet to get the name of was standing behind the counter. The barista a lock of hair behind her ear, as she wrote a name onto a chilled latte. Even in a yellow apron she was still looking stunning.

Josie struggled to catch her breath, watching the beautiful Raven hair girl bite her lip in an adorable grin. Yet, regaining herself, Josie quickly checked her eyeliner and makeup in the window and strolled in.

Sauntering up to the counter, Josie barely glanced at the menu before setting her eyes on what she really wanted- her favorite barista.

"Hi, welcome. What can I get you?" Penelope says still working with previous order and not looking the new customer.

"Well, are you on the menu?" Josie answered smooth as ice

Blushing furiously and bursting out laughing, Penelope replied

"Well, I'm afraid I'm not as cheap as some of our new summer option, but I'm just as cool and refreshing!"

Josie face lit up with response.

"But seriously, what can I get for you?" Penelope was almost done with her previous order

"Order for, Glory Grace" Penelope says settling the cup on counter.

"Hey, can I have-"

"Oh God, it's you" Penelope finally looked Josie

"What's that supposed to mean?" Josie frowned at sudden change of atmosphere

"Nothing" Penelope pouted

"Am I really that bad?" now Josie was also pouting that nearly exploded Penelope's heart

"I never said that" Penelope says quickly

"You sure act like that"

"Okay, I do act like that. But that's because of you"

"Wait. What I have done. I have done nothing to you and not even said anything"

" Exactly. You said nothing. I mean you said something but not what I wanted to hear" Penelope says with little shade of pink on her cheeks.

"Oh. Yeah, I was- huhh...I am sorry. And thank you for saving my ass. But that doesn't mean that you are not hot"

"Name?" Penelope quickly tried to change the topic

"You know, you can't ignore me, right?"

"Name?!"

"I know about you and your fake wife"

Penelope mouth fall and eyes widened at the comment made by brunette in front of her.

"You are bluffing. And I have a real wife not a fake one"

"You sure?" Josie was really enjoying rambling barista

"Uhmm..I- I am sure" Penelope says trying to anywhere but Josie

"Okay. In that case I think your wife is cheating on you, cause she and my best friend are somewhat interested in eachother" Josie says with a smirk