chapter-6

The sound of bell ringing through the air, sounded throughout the small and quite coffee shop.

The baristas looked up to greet their customer, only to find Josie Saltzman daughter of their boss and the owner of the coffee shop entering with her best friend Lizzie.

Josie was cursing herself for drinking too much last night. Lizzie being a good friend was laughing on her.

Davina waited till they reach the counter, ready to recite her daily mantra.

"Hello, my name-"

"I'd like some black coffee to go" Josie interrupts going back to talking Lizzie, completely ignoring Davina.

"Girl that was... Sooo rude" Lizzie says taking seat across Josie.

"Huh?" Josie says confused

"She was doing her job, you could have shown some decency"

"Ahh... fine next time. But can we please stop talking, my head really hurts" Josie says massing her head

"Sure"

-------------------------------

Penelope was late. She went to clinic early morning to visit snappy and was too busy playing with him that she lost the track of time.

Now she was rushing around her room to get ready.

"Fuck it!" she yelled to herself and pulled on a black jeans and white t- shirt and she quickly lace up her converse and bolt out of the apartment.

She reached inside of coffee shop completely out of breath. Davina was laughing at her.

'Why me? Why do I always have to be embarrassed?'

She eventually spill scorching hot coffee on herself and cursed loudly. She than noticed a certain brunette sitting in the corner booth was seeing her with a grin on her face.

'Again. Why me?'

Davina usher her to the main room and tells Penelope to clean up, and she will handle the customers outside. Reluctantly, she agreed she heads straight towards employee bathroom, with some extra clothes.

------------------------------

Josie saw Raven hair girl spill coffee and cursing, she couldn't help but find it cute.

"What's with them, why our order is taking this long?" Lizzie says watching her old clock hang on the wall.

"Let me check" Lizzie was standing up from her seat when Josie interrupts her.

"Uhm...you know what you were right, I was rude to her. I should talk to her" Josie says which earns a frown on Lizzie's face

"Woah okay, you want to talk to her. You mean you want to apologise to her?" Lizzie say totally confused

"No. Obviously not. I am the Josie Saltzman, I am never going to apologise for anything"

"....." Lizzie wiggles her brows as if asking Josie to spill the truth

"Okay fine. Did you see that girl with green eyes, she-"

"Wait! Why I can't see any girl with green eyes?" Lizzie says looking around

"Because she went to change her clothes"

"Huh?"

"Lizzie fucking Salvatore do you want me to hear our not!" Josie says loudly and regretting it already cause her head hurts like hell.

"Ahmm yeah... sorry"

"Listen so that girl which you will see when she comes out of bathroom, she is only the girl I told you about previously"

"Oh.. the annoying, cute, mysterious stranger and also who happens to be the only one till date who dodged your flirt attempt... umm" Lizzie says while thinking

"Thank You so much for reminding me my failure"

"So what now, you will flirt with her again"

Josie didn't said anything she just stood up with a smirk on her face and went towards counter.

-------------------------------

Penelope head back to the counter to see that Davina is talking with that rude girl.

"Hey, I am good now" Penelope says interrupting their conversation.

Josie looks over Davina to see Penelope with a smile

" Great I will grab your coffee" Davina says turning around to make Josie's black coffee

"Hey, are you ok?" Josie asks

"Yup I'm totally fine. It's not the first time I have spill coffee on myself" Penelope says being a little embarrassed

'She is so cute and adorable. And her eyes are to be die for and her lips- wait! What? Why I'm I thinking of her lips- her lips... Woah Josie wait. No. You are not doing this. You already like someone right. You have to be focused and-'

" Excuse me are you here? Hello?" Penelope waves her hand in front of Josie to grab her attention

"Oh... Yeah I was just- anyway what you were saying?"

"Name. Your name?"

"Well I will say this is not the best way to ask a girl's name" Josie says with a smirk

"Ahh you are so infuriating" Penelope says rolling her eyes back

"Well let's start this again, may I please have your name?" Penelope asks holding a marker

"Are you free tonight?" Josie asks

Penelope didn't said anything she just turned around and went to Davina. She scribbled something and gave it back to Davina.

"Here you go, a black coffee for- what!" Davina says half yelling

Josie laughed and took her order and went outside followed by Lizzie who saw this whole interaction between her friend and baristas.

Josie took a sip and saw Lizzie who had her eyes wide open in a comical way.

"What?" Josie says taking another sip.

"You said you didn't like this barista, you are just pissing her off and you are not interested in her" Lizzie says

"Yeah that's what I said. I didn't like her, but now if I see we can be friends" Josie says chuckling when reads what is scribbled in her coffee cup.

'No I'm Not'

"But while coming here you said that you like her" Lizzie says

Josie choked on her coffee after hearing Lizzie words.

'Of Course se is my best friend she will know when I am fooling her. Is this so clear that I like that barista. God I don't even know her name. But... I also like Mrs. Park, she is so nice and innocent. How ironic is this I haven't even seen her. Oh my God what is happening with me, how can I like two persons at the same time'

"What, I didn't said that" Josie denied

"But-" Lizzie was saying but Josie interrupts her because she herself is so confused.

"Lizzie drop it"

'I am sure while coming here she said that she likes Mrs. Park, but why is she now denying. I think she had a fight with her in coffee shop or something. But again, they were talking nicely. Oh my God this girl I can't understand her'

"Okay fine"

Lizzie clearly didn't know that Josie thinks, the green eyes barista and Mrs. Park are two different people.

-------------------------------