chapter-28

"Oh. I see. So this was all planed" Ethan looks towards his friends for confirmation which he gets by all of them nodding.

"Yup. It was all planed from the moment you step in college,weeks before" Kaleb says

"Yeah. Our Jade here won't shut up about you, how you two used to be in love an all and then you broke up with her because YOU were not ready for long distance relationship" Alycia says.

"It was then our lovely captain, the HBIC step up to help this love sick chick" Maya adds making everyone laugh.

"So, I'd just like to say thanks for saving my relationship", Jade said to Josie.

"No problem", Josie said

"Someone needs to keep these guys in line"! Jade chuckles when Josie winks at her.

"Hey"! Ethan exclaimed.

------------------------------

"Penelope Park."

"Yes, sir?" She nervously replied, glancing to the left to see Hope, Lizzie, stood behind her.

Alaric arms were crossed and a stern look was etched onto his face, indicating that the conversation he wanted to have may be of some importance. Penelope gulped, not looking forwards to whatever it was that he was going to say.

"We need to talk," he continued, turning around and beginning to walk away into a room nearby. His footsteps echoing on the concrete floor beneath them as his shoes clicked.

Penelope began to follow him, glancing back over her shoulder at her best friend Hope, who looked confused as to where she was going.

Penelope smiled at her, trying to indicate that it was all okay and that it wasn't anything bad. But even as she walked through the door, she could see her best friend's obvious unease.

As they walked into the almost empty room, the door shutting quietly behind them, Penelope frowned. Something felt... off. As if something terrible may be about to take place.

She shook off the feeling, glancing around the large room as she continued to walk inside of it.

"Have I done something wrong?" She questioned running through a myriad of thoughts in her mind as to what she could have possibly done.

She knew that it had taken her a while to adjust in cafe.

Or maybe it was to do with all of the things she had destroyed within the last week. She had always had terrible luck with everything and often accidentally destroyed things. It often caused her to get into a lot of trouble, but she had learnt to put up with it, despite how much further trouble it got her in with her job.

She turned around, frowning when she saw Mr and Mrs. Salvatore.

How on earth did they get in here without her seeing or hearing a thing?! She had always had better-than-average hearing so surely she would have been able to hear them, right?

"Hello, Mr and Mrs. Salvatore, it's nice meeting you" she approached her right hand for shake which was clearly denied that made her more uncomfortable.

"We trusted you Mrs. Park, how could you do this?" Jo whispered

"Sorry. But what are you talking about?" Penelope asks genuinely confused