chapter- 19

"Dude, you are so screwed," Lizzie says. "Like, so screwed."

"Yeah, Liz, I know," Josie responds and runs a hand through her long hair.

"If Penelope will find out that you are the one who created this mess, which she probably will, you're going to have to tell her parents that you lied to them," Hope tells her, like the thought hasn't occurred to Josie already.

"Thank you, Hope," Josie mutters sarcastically as the door opens to the kitchen opens. In walks Penelope Park, and Josie's breath catches in her throat.

Penelope park is hot. Like smoking hot. Her hair is short, black, and perfectly coiffed, and her eyes are a forest green. Her bright, red lipstick looks great against her unblemished olive skin. She is the definition of perfection, and Josie swears the woman in front of her is a goddess.

"I have no idea how did they even got the idea of me having a girlfriend." Penelope says running her hands through her hair.

“Josie, you got this!" Lizzie offers, and Josie snorts.

Josie takes a deep breath and walks over to Penelope's table, her coffee in hand. Penelope looks up, surprise etched in her beautiful features.

" hmmm?" she asks, and Josie is almost sweating now. She can't do this.

"Here's your coffee," Josie tells her and sets down the coffee. Penelope takes a sip, and Josie's eyes are drawn to the red lipstick stain on the cup. Penelope looks up at her when she realises Josie hasn't left.

"where are your parents?"

"Ahh. They are just getting freshen up. They will join us in 30 minutes."

"Ikindoftoldyourparentsthatyouaremygirlfriend," Josie spits out hurriedly before she can back out. Penelope looks at her with an eyebrow raised.

"What, dear?"

"I kind of told your parents that your my girlfriend," Josie says slower.

Penelope chuckles before she realized Josie is serious. "What?" she asks.

After for what felt like eternity Hope broke the silence by clearing her throat. She sees her imaginary watch and says

"Ahhm. Woah. Looks like it's time. I mean Dad and mom might be waiting for us. Pen. Uhh come let's go." she practically drags Penelope out of the kitchen.

-------------------------------

Penelope didn’t know how she got in this situation. But then again, with the way life was heading for her, she didn’t know how she got into most situations. She, her best friend Hope and Hope's unofficial but technically a girlfriend and then her new friend Josie, were all sitting at the dining table, roast chicken and vegetables placed in front of them, mocking her with its normalcy.

Across from them, like judges in a courtroom, an older couple yet more fashionable then any other younger in that dinning room.

Damon and Elena were already standing in dinning room waiting for others. Hope arrived first following her was Penelope and then others.

Elena was looking behind Hope. Hope not so subtly follwed her gaze and saw Lizzie. She looked confused at first, but then her eyes scanning Lizzie attire. Her clothes weren’t too casual, but her hair was kind of a mess. Without thinking she reached out and fixed it. Lizzie blinked at her in surprise.