chapter- 31

The alarm clock blares at eight o'clock sharp, jarring Hope from a sound sleep. Penelope shifts beside her, groaning as she extends her body to stretch out her muscles. Hope sits up and rubs at her eyes, watching Penelope as she shuts off the alarm. She smiles down at her, running a hand up her side, before she lays back down and presses herself up against her back.

"Morning Pen," she says, pressing her lips against Penelope's cheek. Hope rests her cold hands on Penelope's warm stomach, causing her to shiver and curse under her breath.

"I will hurt you," Penelope says teasingly before she slaps Hope's hands away and turns in her arms so they're facing each other.

"You love me too much," Hope says, smiling. She moves her hand so it's resting on Penelope's cheek and lets her thumb smooth across her skin.

"That I do," she says, pressing her lips against Hope's forehead before nestling her face against her neck.

"You're so warm and comfortable."

"I know," Hope says, running a hand up her back.

"But we've gotta get up."

"Can't we just stay in bed all day," Penelope asks, pulling back so she's looking at her.

Hope sighs. "If only, but we've both got obligations to fulfill. We need to find job, we can't stay here forever"

"I'm sorry. This is all because of me. I'm so sor-" Penelope was on the edge of crying.

"Sushh. We are not doing this. We both know you didn't do anything. So don't you dare blame yourself" Hope cups Penelope cheek gently stroking her thumb.

"But why it is always me. I haven't done any bad to anybody. Than why?"

" Pen. You haven't done anything wrong, okay. It's just you were present at wrong place at wrong time, that's it."

" But-"

"Sushh. No. Don't do that"

"Hmm"

"We know we haven't done anything, but they don't believe us. They need proof. So we will give them one." Hope implies.

"Yes! We can do that. But I think we will need more hands. We can ask Lizzie for help. Yes she can help us. Hope call her now!" Penelope says jumping

'Shit No. Pen doesn't know what Lizzie did. She was the one confirmed our charges. I can not tell her that, she won't be able to handle. She saw Lizzie as her friend. She is in a good mood now. I can't tell her. No.'

"NO!" Hope shouts

"...why not?"

"Be-Because I think. No I mean I... actually we should not bother her. Didn't you see how upset she was last night. And if we will ask for her help, she will definitely help us. But what about her studies. Yeah her studies. She is going to have her exams in few months. I think we should not disturb her. Yeah. We should not-"

"Hope. Take deep breaths. Calm down. It's okay I understand. We won't call her. It's okay" Penelope says smoothly rubbing Hope's arm

" I'm okay. I'm okay"

"So what do we do?"

"We can't ask Lizzie's help but we can ask Josie's right?" hope ask Penelope

'No way in hell I'm ever going to ask Josie's help. Hope is waiting for an answer, think Penelope think. I can't tell Hope what happened at the party otherwise we then definitely have to go behind the bars. She will kill Josie. No. I can't let that happen. Think Penelope think"