chapter-37

Josie waited until everyone had arrived in her room before beginning the debrief.

"Who wants to start?"

Lizzie leaned forward.

"I guess I might as well. No one up here in the centre of Mystic Falls saw them."

The super squad waited for more information but Lizzie just leaned back into her chair and sighed.

"Wow. That's...That's nothing to go on"
Ethan stated, sending Lizzie a blank stare.

"I know" Lizzie groused.

"I'm just hoping the rest of you have something so we're not stuck where we started." Lizzie stare others.

The team all stared at each other. This was not a good beginning.

"Well, I sent photos of your girls to my friends earlier and one of them says that he might have seen the shorter one delivering pizza or something I don't know" Kaleb revealed with a small cringe.

"What?!" Was Lizzie's dumbfounded reply. The team was quiet for a few minutes.

"Where did he saw her?" Josie asked instantly

"Other side of town" Kaleb mentioned quietly

Josie groaned into her hands. They'd need to go there taking an hour drive. She was not looking forward to it but on the same time even the thought of seeing Penelope excites her. They need to go even if it take days she doesn't give a damn.

"Seriously?" Ethan groaned while leaning back in his own chair.

"How the hell are we supposed to find them?! That area is so huge, we can't just keep knocking on each door" Kaleb says

"Actually we don't have to do that. Your friend mentioned that he saw her in some pizza delivery uniform, right?" MG asks Kaleb

"Yeah something like that" Kaleb confirms

"So we just have to look for pizza center's and there are total of four only" he says cheerfully clapping his hands

"So it's settled then, me and boys will go there. Right now. Anything else?" Josie asks

"I don't think so. Let's go" Kaleb turns towards the door.

------------------------------

"This is it? There's nothing more?" Jade asked, examining the video of cafe cctv footage playing in Lizzie's phone.

"It's the only thing we have" Lizzie replied staring at the cup in her hand.

"You gotta admit this is pretty odd," Maya continued, reversing the video over to see if anything gone unnoticed.

'1:37 pm

A girl was washing her hands near in the sink next to blenders.

1:39 pm

Her phone starts ringing. She looks around and then take her phone and walk out of cafe.

2: 16 pm

Penelope was closing the cash box at counter. And the girl who left before came back to stand on the opposite side of counter.'

"Was it just me or did that girl look annoyed for a moment there?" Alycia asked, rewinding the footage to the point where the girl came back to stand on the opposite side of the counter.