chapter-27

Josie and Jade were sitting side by side at the campfire after having spent most of their night together. They were both a bit tipsy, but sober enough to be fully aware of what they were doing.

"Oh my gosh, Josieeeeee" Maya slurred while making her way over to the duo.

"I haven't seen you at all tonight." She continued.

Josie chuckled, "Maya, you just saw me like 10 minutes ago when you passed by. You said the same thing."

"I did?" Maya asked, looking genuinely confused.

"Okay, I think you need to be cut off now, babe" Alycia said while taking the bottle away from her girlfriend.

Maya frowned, "But what am I gonna do for fun?"

Alycia shook her head and smiled, "We can have fun without getting black-out drunk."

Maya leaned her head against Alycia's shoulder and let out a deep sigh.

"Mhmkay. I always have fun with you anyways."

The scene melted Josie's heart. She wished for a relationship like theirs but she was too afraid of commitment, that is until she met Penelope.

Suddenly, Maya perked up with a look of joy on her face.

"We should play truth or dare."

Of course. No party would be complete without a game of truth or dare.

Maya spent a solid 5 minutes recruiting people to play. When the game started, there were about 14 people gathered around the campfire.

"Okay, so who wants to start?" she asked the group.

"I'll go first. Can't let any of you skinny twig bitches get the upper hand on me." Kaleb stated.

The game was going as expected. With gross dares and questions about the person's sex life.

Meanwhile Lizzie and Penelope also reached there. Lizze was about to go over Josie when Penelope stopped her.

"You do know that I'm supposed to give her suprise right?"

"Right" Lizzie said with a huff.

Josie managed to avoid being picked for the majority of the game because no one dared to make her mad, but then Maya looked over with a mischievous glint in her eye. Yeah, so here goes there plan.

"Josieee" Maya singingly said.

Josie looked hesitant, "Yes, Maya?"

Maya gave her a wicked smile, "Truth or dare?"

Josie knew that either choice she picked would be in her favour. She thought about it for a moment.

"Truth."

Maya pretended to be shocked, "Truth? I never would've guessed."

Josie smiled and rolled her eyes, "Just get it over with already."

"If you insist. Why don't you have a girlfriend yet?"