chapter- 29

Penelope was already in the car while Hope was still protesting against officers at the steps to the gate of Saltzman house.

They heard clicking of heels and turned around to see Alaric, Lizzie and one of the officer coming towards them. Alaric and Lizzie stopped by the door but the officer was still marching towards Hope.

"I know what you're thinking, Lizzie! And you're wrong. We didn't do anything. Please trust me"

"Oh, I'm well aware of how much it isn't your fault" Alaric grits out, face red from anger.

"Oh." Hope deflates a bit, arms falling down in front of her.

The officer unlocks the handcuffs around Hope's wrists, and as he went to car to unlocks the cuffs around Penelope' wrists.

“As per Lizzie Salvatore, you were in need of money for some art competition which clearly you and Mrs. Park here were not able to arrange. So it lead you to this current situation. Alaric Saltzman being a gentleman he is, wants to release you both of all charges but in a condition that you both will not be here anymore and this all happening will be between you and him. Is that clear with you?” one of the officer stated and asked Hope.

Hope was lost in her own thoughts. The girl she loves doesn't believe her and even is being the one, confirming that they have done this.

“Mrs. Park is that clear?” she doesn't say anything just look towards Lizzie and nods.

“Pack you bags and get out of here!” Alaric whisper yells. Hope starts walking but stops near Lizzie brushing her hand with Lizzie's.

“Don’t do this. Please trust me.”

She sighs softly, unmoving for a moment as she considers her words. She doesn’t look at Hope, which is very purposeful on her part, blue eyes filled with the commentary she’s having without any words being said. Hope's thumb curls around one of her fingers and she tries to draw it back but Hope won’t allow her to.

“I’m just questioning her.” she says after a moment, swallowing when her gaze finally meets Hope's own.

They both know it’s not just questioning to her. Hope sighs and drops her hand with hurt in her eyes she walks inside.

-------------------------------

Hope ran inside to packed their bags, she had to get away from Lizzie, how dare she assume Pen would steal anything. She still felt the hard slap of Lizzie's words.

She ran upstairs.Finally, she reached their rooftop room (though it won't be their room for long) and she hastily grab a bag and stuff clothes into it.

Hope can’t say that they were expecting everything to go back to normal after what happened last few hours, but out of all the bad things that could’ve happened this is probably the worst.

She headed out grabbed Penelope's hand and walked away from Saltzman house, from Lizzie.

They walked towards the car and Hope's footsteps fell softly on the hard ground, hesitant and wary.

"It'll be okay - as long as we're together."

Penelope nodded and clutched her bestfriend hand tighter. Hope didn't knew where to go, and Penelope could only think of one place, her friend.