chapter-47

"Mmm! Penny, you make amazing food." Josie muttered through her full mouth as she smiled with her eyes at Penelope.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it." Penelope smirked as she chomped on her own dinner.

They both sat at the small, glass dinner table of the kitchen and munched on the food that Penelope had prepared for the two of them. Penelope had looked forward to this at-home dinner date from the moment Josie asked her, and watching Josie enjoy her home cooked meal made butterflies form in her stomach.

"You know" Josie paused to swallow her immense mouthful

"why did you wanna eat here, I mean we could have gone to a restaurant or something?" Josie reached over the small table and took a sip of Penelope's white wine.

"I feel like it's more romantic this way." Penelope said into the wine glass, making it fog up slightly.

"Yah-" Josie ignored her statement and reached for Penelope's hand.

"Penny, I....I missed you " Josie looked her in the eye.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't be here for you, when you needed me the most" Josie said sincerely

"but I'm here now." she adds

Penelope sat still and didn't answer Josie, unsure of how to respond.

"Is there any way I can make it up to you?" Josie said in a concerned tone.

Penelope stood up quickly, unlatching her hand from Josie. Josie jumped at Penelope's sudden actions and watched as Penelope slowly walked around the table towards her. She made her way to the back of Josie's chair, putting both hands on Josie's shoulders and then running them down Josie's chest slowly until her mouth met Josie's ear.

"I actually have an idea" Penelope smirks

-----------------------------

Josie never thought she'd be the sort of person who'd do something as whimsical as making a pillow fort. She never thought Penelope would be, either. Josie's here not sure whose idea it was, but here they are, with all the pillows they can find, carefully planning the construction of what they are certain will be the most elaborate pillow fort in history. This will be the pillow fort to end all pillow forts. A pillow castle, perhaps.

"Jojo" Penelope says, looking over her carefully labelled diagram

"I think we are going to need more pillows." she says

Glancing back at it, Josie have to agree. Penelope's design is far too sophisticated for the seven pillows and five blankets they've managed to scavenge up.

"Let's go shopping, then" Josie says.

An hour later, they're back with more pillows than they can carry, and a few blankets for good measure. Penelope clear the living room, moving the sofa into position and removing the cushions, then line up all of chairs. Penelope has diagram, and occasionally makes suggestions.

"I think it's time to start with the pillows," Josie say eventually, once the chairs are all in the right place.

"Sofa cushions first?" Penelope asks, peering at the diagram and rotating it slightly.