chapter-39

They hear a knock and open the door to find Penelope, dressed comfortablely in a hoodie and shorts, behind her were Lizzie, Davina and Kol but Josie didn't notices them. Oh.. because Penelope looks so damn cute, Josie muses.

It's been more than a week since she saw her last. And now there she is. Standing in the middle of the Saltzman's living room. She looks same- hot but cute at same time,which isn’t really surprising. It had been week, after all.

"Hey, we came as soon as we can, where is she? Is she alive? Are we late? what's going on?" Penelope has worry written all over her face.

"Oh, don't worry. We didn't murdered your wife. She is alright" Alaric says sarcastically

"Wife!? Who's wife, I don't ha- ouch" Lizzie nudges her

"Oh yeah. My wife. I have a wife. Hmm"

"Penelope!" Lizzie hits her with elbow

"Ouch! It hurts. What!? Oh... Sorry I forgot. Yeah. Where is Josie? Is she alright? Wh-"

"Pen, she is alright. I didn't even touched her"

"Oh thank God!"

“Mrs. Park. We want you to tell your side of story...of the day when this all happened” Jo says.

Penelope looks around, everyone was watching her with curious eyes. She felt uncomfortable. She looked Hope for comfort, which she receives by Hope holding her hand.

"I want to explain" Penelope begins

"Everything" Her throat feels tight.

"You can tell us anything" Josie says

Josie tries to come near Penelope to comfort her but Hope shuffles closer and presses a gentle kiss to Penelope's temple while glaring Josie.

"That's great. But it would be better if I start." Kai speaks. He waits for Park's to say something. But they didn't.

"...."

"Umm... aren't you curious to know who am I?" he asks both Hope and Penelope. Penelope being cute little bean just shakes her head smiling and Hope gives him a glare in response.

'Oh, that's agressive' he thinks. Hope finally speaks

"Does it really look like we care?..." she asks with a huff

"Kai, come to point. Please!" Jo interjects

"Okay fine. No problem, I'll introduce myself. Hi, myself Kai Parker. I'm a detective in the homicide unit. Well yesterday, Josie called me for my help and she told me everything" he looks Penelope and smirks.

Penelope looks him tilting her head with confusion. Josie face palms herself looking Kai and mutters 'show off' to herself.

"Kai.." Alaric is already loosing his mind.

"Fine! Jeez I was just creating an environment. Anyways. Mrs. Park, umm....one with green eyes. I'll ask you questions, you just answer them honestly and if possible short, cause this old man is getting impatient" he says. Penelope nods

"Ok. So we all have already seen that day's cafe cctv footage, but it's of obviously no use. The guy who actually stole money deleted footage from 1:40 to 2:15."

"Okay. Mrs. Park do remember what happened between that time?"

"Yeah I remember. When I came back with cups, I saw a man standing near counter."