chapter-25

They only had half an hour until they had to be downstairs. They were getting ready for the party.

Lizzie was in her dress already and Hope was struggling to zip up hers.

“Lizzie?” she called out from the bathroom. She stepped out into the bedroom.

“Could you help zip me?”

Lizzie hopped off the bed and walked over to her.

“Turn around.”

She turned and felt Lizzie’s hands at the zipper on her back. Her dress started feeling looser and she rolled her eyes.

“Other way.”

“Oh, zip it UP! Okay.” Lizzy chuckled to herself and Hope bit back a smile. Nothing good would come of encouraging her.

Lizzie zipped the back of the dress up to her waist. Then she felt Lizzie’s hands move out to her sides and felt her breath on her neck.

“We have half an hour,” Lizzie whispered.

“Only half an hour.”

Lizzie’s lips made contact with the side of her neck and Hope could feel the vibration in her response. She could feel herself heating up as Lizzie’s hands encircled her waist and she pressed herself up against her.

“Liz”

She’d meant for it to come out as a warning, but Lizzie had started gently kissing her neck and it had come out softer than she’d intended. Hope knew she should pull away and continue getting ready. Despite that, she felt her head tilting to the side, giving Lizzie better access. Lizzie laughed quietly, a sound Hope felt more than heard.

“I’ll be quick,” she promised in a raspier voice than usual. Hope turned around, wrapping her arms around Lizzie’s neck.

“Eh. Party can wait.”

She pressed her lips against Lizzie’s and felt her smile.

------------------------------

It was one of those rare days, where Penelope actually had the evening free. She sat in Hope’s chair, quietly reading a book and sipping on her tea.

Hopefully, it would remain quiet for at least—

“Pen!”

… Well, there went her evening.

“Good evening, Hopey, what are you doing back so early? I thought you were at work.”

“Why are you not ready yet?”

“I’m ready to go!” Lizzie announced entering to the rooftop room.

“Ready to go where? Are you guys going somewhere?”

Hope looked Lizzie with a look which clearly says ‘you are so dead’. Lizzie cleared her throat and averted her gaze from Hope.

Great. That means the queen bee haven't even asked her girlfriend uhm I mean future girlfriend, to be her date to the party. Great. I'm going to kill that bitch’ Lizzie thought to her before coming up with a plan, which might involve a little bit of a lie.