chapter-4

The next day barista repeat the same process.

Rush hour is busier than usual and it contains mainly college students. When it die down Josie comes in. She is talking on her phone. Rafael glares at her from his stool and doesn't even try to get up and take her order.

"Welcome to Saltzman's cafe! Can I help you with your order?" Davina says with a smile without looking up.

"Just the black coffee, please" Josie says quickly and continues to talk on her phone.

"That would be-" Davina stops herself when she looks up to the girl standing in front of her.

"Hey, P!" Davina yells calling for Penelope

" Damn Davs! My ears... Why the-" Penelope was coming out from staff room yelling back to Davina but stops in her track when she sees who is standing in front of the counter. It's the same girl from previous night.

"OH MY GOD, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO ALMOST KILLED SNAPPY!"

"Snap... Who?"

"Snappy"

"I don't understand what-" Josie says really confused and totally forgetting about her phone call.

" It's her dog" Davina says.

"Yeah! It's my dog, whom you almost killed yesterday. Ring in any bells?"

"I did not kill him!"

"Well yes but you almost hit him and now he is in clinic"

"Guys, guys stop fighting" Davina says

"Shut up Dav" Penelope says still glaring Josie

"Yeah shut up Dav" Josie says also glaring at reven hair barista.

"Mam please just take your order, it will be on house" Davina offers as an apology for Penelope's behavior with a customer.

"Yeah please just do it fast" Josie says finally looking towards Davina.

Penelope let out an audible sigh.

"Name?" Penelope asks

"What?" Josie asked

"Name? I need your name to write"

Josie mentally face palm herself to be so dumb, obviously the barista have to ask her name to write it on the cup. Josie anyhow pulled up the confident face again and decided to piss this barista. So she decided to play her famous card to FLIRT.

"Your number?" Josie asked with smirk

When Penelope didn't said anything Josie smiled, winked and walked of to the two seat table at the corner of the cafe.

Penelope shook her head, looking down hiding her red cheeks. No I'm not blushing it's just i'm angry at her for being such an ass. Penelope thought to please herself, but anyone else can say that's not the case, she was blushing hard and that to for a girl whom she not than 20 minutes before was fighting.

After Penelope made the coffee she wrote something on the cup with proud smile on her face and then she made her way to Josie's table and kept the order and went to the counter again.

Out of corner of her eye Penelope can see Josie quickly turned the cup to find any number. She stopped when she saw two words.

Your number

Josie was really impressed, this was the first time that someone have shut her off. Now she took it on her popular image, which she definitely didn't want to loose cause a barista rejected her. The game is on Josie thought with a smile looking at barista.

-------------------------------

Lizzie eyes wander and she can't stop herself. She doesn't know what she's looking for, her heart does it for her.

And then she sees her.

Hope Mikaelson. And she can't stop herself from staring, admiring her features. The way her hands move when she's explaining something to Josette. The way her eyes shine brighter than stars, when she talks about something she loves. The way she smiles, a smile that causes a feeling of calm in Lizzie.

Falling is so easy and for the first time in her life, she's not afraid to fall.

Hope notices Lizzie looking at her and Josette looks in same direction to find Lizzie standing, Jo waves Lizzie. And Lizzie can't help her thoughts. She waves back, cheeks slightly blushed. Oh my God, what is happening with me! Why I was staring her. Eww.. Lizzie, NO. Focus focus focus. Phew Lizzie sighed.

“Hey, Lizzie come here what you are doing there all alone, come join us this beautiful lady here was making chocolate shake for Pedro, come we can also have some. Right Ms..?”

“Sorry, uhmm... what you use as your last name?” Jo asked Hope

“Park” Hope says. Wow I didn't know I was so good in this lying department.

Lizzie was already knowing that she is lying but decided against to say anything. Lizzie wanted to have some fun with Hope.

“I think we have met before?” Lizzie says smirking. Jo looks with a frown in confusion towards Hope. And with this comment of Lizzie made  Hope nearly had an heart attack. After taking so long to regain her mind she answered confidently.

“I don't think so because a face like your's is hard to forget” Hope says looking Lizzie blue eyes.

Lizzie didn't expected a fire back she choked on air. Lizzie looked away to hide her red cheeks from both the women standing in kitchen.

After a few minutes of silence Jo decided to say in order to break that uncomfortable and awkward silence.

“So you didn't tell us were you an your love met for the first time and was it love at first sight or ...” Jo asked wiggling her eyebrows.

Oh great! Now I have to tell them a fake story, great. Hope huffs and look at Lizzie and suddenly an idea popped into her head.

“We actually met outside of a cafe. I guess she was in hurry because she bumped into me while running” Hope says with a smile looking Lizzie “For me it was love at first sight, I was so lost in her blu- ahhh umm... her green eyes that I didn't even noticed that we both were staring each other with love eyes” Hope says remembering the moment Lizzie bumped on her.

“Woah, okay that is really.. romantic” Jo says

“Yeah it's really romantic. So did she also fall you at first sight?” Lizzie further asks

“Yeah I really hope- I mean yup, feelings were mutual from both sides” Hope says rambling a little.

“Oh I forget to give this shake to Pedro , I should keep going, you guys continue” Jo says taking chocolate shake in a tray and walking out of the kitchen.

Lizzie and Hope were left alone with an comforting silence which goes off by ringing of bell. Jo shouts from upstairs Lizzie baby can you please look at please.

Lizzie doesn't says anything. She starts walking towards kitchen door but turn around to see Hope once more. And she was glad she turned around.

She saw Hope mouthed ‘Thank you’. Lizzie smiled and nodded in return.