chapter-15

Josie and Penelope conversed as they sat at a table in Josie's favorite restaurant. However, their night was about to be interrupted by a man walking in the door. Josie saw him in the corner of her eyes and began to panic. "Oh fuck," she breathed.

Penelope brows furrowed in confusion at Josie's words. "What is it?"

"It's him," she explained.

"Him who?"

"..."

"Oh"

"Listen, I need you to fake date me, right now."

Without hesitation, Penelope agreed to her request.

Just then the man that had entered the restaurant arrived at their table. "Josie," he said far too enthusiastically. "It's been so long!"

Josie faked happiness at seeing the man. "Landon" she smiled. "Yes, it has been several years I believe."

"How are you?"

"I'm great," she replied pointedly.

It was then that Landon's attention turned to Penelope. "And who is this?"

"I'm Penelope. Josie's girlfriend."

'Girlfriend. Wow. That sounds so good'Josie thinks to herself.

"Oh," Landon said not hiding his surprise. "That's sweet... I- Does your dad knows?," he turned back to Josie.

"Um.. No. Actually I think we should talk"

After a while of Josie telling her fake love story to Landon he says

"So let me get this clear. You and your girlfriend are in love with each other. But you can't tell your parents because she is an barista in your dad's cafe. And also she needs some time to get financially stable."

"Yes that's what it is"

"Ok. So what do you want me to say to your dad?"

"Umm. Just say that I'm not your type. I don't know you can say anything but please make sure he buy that"

"Ok. I will make sure of that.Well, it was good seeing you. I think I should go now and leave you with your girlfriend"

"Ah. Umm. Yeah. My girlfriend"

-------------------------------

As josie strutted into the cafe she couldn't help but feel at home. A smile subconsciously made its way onto her face and she realized that she had been looking forward to this moment all day. Every single day, for a couple of weeks now, Josie has been coming over to the cafe during her lunch period to bring her favorite barista lunch that she would buy just for her. She old her once that her favorite was chicken caesar salad and a Dr. Pepper, so one day she surprised her at work, earning a huge smile from Penelope which is all she needed to see to decide that she would definitely bring her lunch again and since then she has come almost every single day. Penelope told her that she shouldn't spend money on her every day but it's the least she could do since she helped her with fake relationship.