chapter- 30

After many hours, early in the morning, Josie wasn't even able to walk straight. In fact, most of her friends were in the same state. Seeing her friend stumbling over every other step like a cartoon character was funny enough.

But the wide eyed expression really tied the drunk look together. Shaking her head fondly, Jade focused on Josie.

Whilst seeing the Josie trip over her own feet as she awkwardly shuffled through a dance was funny enough. But the look on Josie's face whenever she tripped was positively priceless.

Eventually, though, Jade could tell that the Josie was tiring, if that were possible. And so she pulled herself back towards the dance floor, even though her own legs hurt from the dancing she'd been convinced to do earlier.

When Jade walked up to Josie, she turned round quickly, and would have stumbled sideways if Jade had not placed her hands on her friend shoulders to steady her.

She could see that there was a dazed, almost glazed appearance to Josie eyes.

"We should be getting you home." Jade suggested.

"I don't want to go." Josie tilted her head slightly.

"I know. But I think you've had enough."

"Saysss....you." Josie's voice was more slurred than before.

"Yeah, I know. I know. Says me." Jade rolled her eyes.

"So I can stay?" Josie tilted her head the other way, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"No!" Jade struggled to hold back laughter.

"Why?" Josie practically whined.

" Don't you want to go meet someone, special." Jade raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah I do."

"Come on." Jade exhaled slowly

"No." Josie stepped away from her.

"Prove to me you can walk in a straight fucking line and you can stay." Jade stepped back.

Determinedly, Josie flipped her hair, before attempting to walk forward. She barely made two shaking steps towards Jade before she pitched forward.

Rushing towards Josie, Jade quickly steadied her looping one of Josie's arms around her shoulder, and using her free arm to support Josie's waist. Josie groaned dramatically, and Jade again had to bite back laughter.

Josie was the most dramatic drunk she'd ever seen. But it was strangely endearing.

"Is she..." Ethan and Kaleb emerged from the crowds, also swaying dangerously.

"Is she alright?" Kaleb questioned

"I'm fineeeee." Josie attempted to look up, but groaned again as the bright lights hit her face.

"I'm taking her home." Jade nodded.

"Why don't you let her be here, almost everyone is crashing here. No-one is sobber enough to drive home" Kaleb suggest