Chapter 69: Dates and Friendship

Sakura stirred in her sleep. Even though the gradual change of the weather is evident, from being too cold to lesser, Sakura still felt oddly hot to the point that she was kicking off the duvet as she slowly felt the slumber weighing on and off her system.

"Why is it so hot in the middle of February?" She muttered with a frown and her eyes were still close, feeling heavy and she doesn't want to open them yet as she rolled to the side.

"So.." she muttered. "So.. annoying,"

Sasuke watched Sakura as she muttered in her sleep, because that's what she's been doing these past few days every morning, sometimes even in the middle of the night. He was amuse to say the least, that even the littlest things that she would normally just ignore, she finds them annoying now and Sasuke couldn't exactly say anything against it because she'll be more annoyed. So times like this, while she's half asleep, Sasuke is able to just simply watch her in amusement.

"You're always annoyed now," he said, the side of his lips turning up. Seeing this side of her, almost acting childish when she's annoyed with that pout and frown, Sasuke couldn't admit it aloud but he enjoy seeing her like this.

Suddenly, Sakura's eyes fluttered open and she was staring at Sasuke with half-lidded eyes as if saying she is not as amuse as he is.

"What did you say, Sasuke-kun?" She asked. "I'm always what?"

"I said," Sasuke started, scooting closer. "You're always pretty."

Sakura isn't buying it, not in the slightest. She was stirring in her sleep to begin with and she heard what he said, although a bit muffled and she wasn't sure since she's only half awake.

"I'm sure you said I'm always an–"

Sakura was cut off suddenly when Sasuke leaned in closer and kissed her. He always did this kind of thing and yet Sakura couldn't find herself being annoyed yet she wasn't entirely flustered as much as before. But as Sasuke started to move his lips, nibbling on her lower lip before darting his tongue in, Sakura felt like something stirred and she felt her face heating up almost instantly.

It was a few seconds later and both of them needed air as Sasuke leaned out, but still too close to Sakura and he could feel how her face seem to heat up more.

"I think I should stop," he said, his eyes trailing down her stomach before he sat up and leaned on the bed frame. It's more like Sasuke is convincing himself more than he is telling that to Sakura as he sighed inaudibly, calming himself as he closed his eyes.

"Sasuke-kun," Sakura muttered, pursing her lips. "After stimulating me like that," she trailed off, rolling on her back and was about to get up when Sasuke was suddenly hovering above her, his arms on either side propping himself up.

"Alright," Sasuke said, his jaw visibly clenching and unclenching but he doesn't look like he's riled up.

He put one of his hand on her stomach that is visibly bigger now. "I'll be gentle."

It was right before he was about to lean in on her neck when they heard a sudden beep from Sasuke's phone and Sakura almost jump in surprise.

Sasuke almost curse aloud but he bit his tongue from doing so as he sat up and took his phone from the nightstand. The beep isn't from a text message or an email, it was a reminder from a schedule that Sasuke set a week ago that he almost forgot about.

"Who's that?" Sakura asked, sitting up as Sasuke stood, putting his phone back on the nightstand.

"We have an appointment with the Obstetrician today."