Chapter 45: Teacher and Student

Hatake Kakashi. When Sasuke was young, his father introduced him to this guy. He said he'd be Sasuke's instructor. But the guy was no more than eighteen years old, barely more than ten years older than Sasuke. He didn't know where the guy came from, he never talked about his family or anything about himself. He was like this blank sheet of paper and Sasuke had a hard time deciphering him so he gave up wanting to know anything about him. All he knew was the man was a good instructor, a level that could be equal to his older brother. And before Sasuke knew it, he became his and Naruto's Sensei.

But to think that he knew everything about Tobi, Sasuke never exactly predicted such thing. When he came to think about it, both men are shrouded in mystery and ironically, both were wearing masks like they are hiding their true self from the world to see.

"Huh? Hold on a sec, what do you mean Sasuke?" Naruto asked at the end of the line.

Sasuke sighed as he leaned on the railing of the balcony, the cold night air blowing gradually as Sasuke puffed out the smoke from his cigar.

"I asked if you can give me Kakashi's contact."

"Yeah. But why do you need them now?"

Sasuke pinched the bridge of his nose. Why can't Naruto just give him what he asked and end this conversation instead of asking him why. Sasuke was in no mood to explain as he looked down. His eyes landed on a certain pink haired woman standing in the garden. Why was Sakura out at this hour anyway? Sasuke just watched as Sakura stood there, her form seem to glow under the moonlight and for a split second she looked like a goddess who descended from the heavens.

"I wanted to have Kakashi teach Sakura some self defense," Sasuke finally said. Which was partly true because he doubt if the man would even show up if Sasuke contacted him out of the blue.

"But can't you just do that Sasuke? And Sakura-chan was a black belter in taekwondo."

"Naruto, just give me Kakashi's contact," Sasuke said, clenching his jaw as he started to get annoyed by the seconds and Sakura had already walk back inside the house.

"Alright. I'm going to email you his contact. But hey, I don't think Kakashi Sensei would go back in Tokyo any time soon. I've seen him in a luxury onsen in Osaka once."

"What were you doing in a hot spring?" Sasuke asked, more confuse as to why Naruto even went to such place.

"Nothing!" He said before ending the call and Sasuke just shook his head. A few minutes later, Naruto's email came and Sasuke immediately dialled his contact.

It took him a few rings until Sasuke heard the line cut and he cursed.

"That damn old man," Sasuke hissed a he dialled the number again. If he hang up again, Sasuke would seriously go all the way to Osaka and search every damn onsen to find him.

As if sensing Sasuke's murderous intent at the end of the line, the call was answered after a few rings.

"Who is this?"

The voice sounded oddly familiar and Sasuke knew it was Kakashi judging by the way he is speaking. He didn't change after all those years, perhaps still a closet pervert. When Sasuke was twelve and curiosity was at its peak, he and Naruto decided to take a look at the book he was always reading. Worst decision of their lives. Fortunately, Kakashi took the book even before they could fully comprehend what was inside. But now that Sasuke could remember it, he knew what the book was all about.