Chapter 12: Everything

Sasuke was raised in a household where he could never fully trust anyone. Everyone in their line of work, even the ones in the Organization can betray you in a blink. Sasuke only trusted a few people, and the only person he ever placed his trust and his life with was his older brother.

But Sasuke learned that trust can get a person killed, and he learned it the hard way.

So he swore not to easily place his trust on anyone, be it the person he grew up with. Even now Sasuke could only count the people he trust with his fingers, not too many to say the least.

But then he found himself trusting this woman whom he also found himself asking for her trust in return of him telling her everything.

"If you wanted me to trust you, you have to tell me everything."

"Everything?"

Sasuke's question was, to put it bluntly, a dumb one. Sakura made it sound clear and all that she wanted to know everything. But a flicker of hesitation crossed Sasuke's mind as he contemplated his next choice of words.

"Everything about me might overwhelm you."

"The fact that you're a Yakuza already overwhelmed me, what else could surprise me?"

Sasuke involuntarily sigh as he nodded in understanding.

"My plan is to kill a certain man."

Sakura's face remained stoic, however a sliver of surprise could be detected but she masked it just as fast with a shrug of her shoulders. "Yakuza do it all the time."

Sasuke's face darkens as he narrowed his eyes. "That certain man is my brother."

Slowly, Sakura's stoic mask melted as shock slowly consumes her. Sasuke took a step closer, striding towards the pinkette who remained where she was standing.

"That brother killed our parents."

He took another step.

"Ordered his men to torture me to death because I wasn't worthy of him killing me."

A memory flashed behind Sasuke's eyes as his expression hardened. Taking another step and another until he was towering over Sakura who did not avert her eyes from him.

"And he will not hesitate to kill you. You, who saved someone who's supposed to be dead."

Sakura gulped visibly, her armour of resolve she displayed earlier slowly melted as she realized what he had gone through that night when she saw him.

"Your brother..." she trailed off, blinking away her shock as she look Sasuke in the eye. "You're going to kill him?"