Chapter 68: Leaf and Sunrise

Sasuke knew, more than anyone, that when a man truly knows what it means to love and be loved, can he know what true hatred is. After all, love and hate are on both side of the same coin. He's never heard of Naruto after his godfather's funeral, it's not that Sasuke didn't bother contacting his friend. But he knew there are times when a friend must give another some time to fend for themselves. Whatever Naruto will do or have done, Sasuke believe that he wouldn't screw this one up. Sasuke has been with him long enough to know that Naruto wouldn't put himself on actual danger, but even though Sasuke may look nonchalant about it, he still does worry for him.

But right now, Sasuke must deal with someone else. Someone that Sasuke is itching to get rid of.

When the car halted outside a residence in Taito Ward, near Asakusa, the neighborhood seem way too traditional and old despite still being a part of Tokyo.

"What's with old people and their taste in residence," Sasuke muttered when he stepped outside the car and stood before a traditional mansion. It feels like being whisked back to the past, around hundreds of years prior.

"Sasuke-sama," Aoda said when he approached Sasuke, two men trailing behind him who bowed in front of Sasuke.

"We have seized everything," Aoda said and Sasuke nodded before he started to walk inside the manor.

Earlier this morning, when Aoda reported that they had found his location, Sasuke sent his men to Taito and ordered them to get rid of everyone in the household except for one man.

"Shimura Danzo," Sasuke said when he walked inside a room. The corridor he had gone to is a complete mess and Sasuke even thought he could taste the metallic blood lingering in the air. Fine chinas and furniture are all shattered to pieces and everything is in disarray, while the man that Sasuke burn with the thirst to kill is strapped in the throne-like chair of his study.

"How dare you boy? You've become quite daring than I could have imagined. I thought your brother was impudent but you're just beyond that!" He yelled but Sasuke could care less about what he said until he mentioned his brother.

"What do you know about me or my brother?" Sasuke said, walking up to him, his katana in hand, unsheathing it bare.

"How dare you! I'm an elder!"

Sasuke stopped right in front of him, leaning in closer as he lift the sword dangerously close to Danzo's neck.

"Careful now, I just had this sword sharpened, move like a swine being slaughter and I might accidentally cut your throat open."

"How could you disrespect me like this?" Danzo said, though his question made Sasuke hollered in laughter dripping in sarcasm.

"You're seriously asking me that now?" He said, before his laughter died down and his face had gone back to being deadly serious. "Tell me everything that happened during the New Year's Eve."

Sasuke knew he planned this, though not completely, but he knew this old man had a hand in the majority of the tragedy that occured that night. But Sasuke wanted to hear it coming from his own mouth. He knew the old man held the code of silence more than anyone. Danzo is a man who is bound by Omerta more than anyone Sasuke knew. So by having him speak everything, Sasuke knew that to Danzo, it's even worse than being killed.

"Tell me the reason why you did that," Sasuke said, pressing the sword closer as blood started to drip down.

After a minute of looking straight to his eyes, Sasuke knew there's no point questioning him as he sighed. And Sasuke averted his eyes, closing it as he clenched his jaw, slowly he press the sword closer until it cut the skin before he slid it to the side, slashing his throat open, blood splattered out, decorating Sasuke's clothes in crimson and before he could have the blood on his face, he turned around and opened his eyes.