Chapter 24: Snow

As the month of December approaches its final days, the City of Tokyo started to get decorated with more lights as every street are livelier than usual. Although Japan never really celebrates Christmas as much as most countries in America and Europe, the spirit of Holidays could still be felt around each corner from the small stall in the alley to the tall buildings in central wards.

Sasuke wasn't particularly religious and even though he did travel abroad quite frequently when he was young and had seen Christmas from some parts of the world, he never really sees any merit in celebrating.

It was just another normal day, as much as he is concerned.

But it seems Sakura thinks otherwise.

"What are you doing?" Sasuke asked as he propped himself on the kitchen island and sat on the stool as he stare at Sakura.

It took her two days to get over the fact the she almost did that pretty embarrassing thing while drunk and another day to act normal around Sasuke.

"I'm cooking special dinner," Sakura said, heating up the pan as she tied her hair in a messy bun.

"Special dinner?" Sasuke muttered as he stood up from the stool, silently walking towards Sakura who still has her back turned on him.

She look preoccupied that she didn't realize Sasuke was already standing behind her until his breath fanned the back of her neck.

To all Sasuke's luck, Sakura was holding the kitchen knife as she gasped in surprise and span around, still holding the knife that had Sasuke leaned an inch closer, his face would have been cut as the knife swung dangerously close in front of him.

"I'm sorry Sasuke-kun!" Sakura said, flustered and scared at the same time as her eyes widen.

Sasuke took her wrist that was holding the knife as he gently pulled her hand down, putting his other arm on the counter beside Sakura.

"Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked, averting her eyes as she felt her cheeks burn.

Sasuke looked amused to say the least yet he couldn't help the flicker of annoyance that passed through as he leaned closer, the tip of his nose almost touching hers but stopped right then as Sakura's cheeks turn bright red.

Sasuke clicked his tongue as he looked down at her. "You should better get used to this soon."

Sakura visibly gulped as she willed herself to look at him.

"You were the one who said you're going to stay by my side forever. Better get used to this."

Sakura found herself being trapped in a cage as Sasuke's lips secured hers. The kiss didn't last that long nor it was the kind of kiss that made Sakura's knees lose its strength. It was just a short peck to say the least yet Sakura still felt her heart stirred up as her face was practically as red as a tomato.

"Go to your room," Sasuke said suddenly and Sakura snapped her head towards him.

"Eh? R-right now?"

Sasuke stared at her nonchalantly but became almost amused as Sakura stuttered and turned even redder.

"What? We're going out so you should change. Or did you think of something else?"

Sakura's flustered face made Sasuke more amused as he fought a small chuckle.

"But Sasuke-kun, I was planning to cook dinner." Sakura looked behind on the kitchen counter.