Chapter 37: Lime and Cherry Blossoms

When Sasuke came back, the first place he proceeded to was his room, well, he and Sakura's room now. He even ignored Aoda who was about to tell him something that Sasuke felt like it wasn't really that important otherwise he would have followed Sasuke. Opening the door, Sasuke entered the bedroom and saw Sakura who had just taken her cardigan off.

"Sasuke-kun," she said before walking towards the adjacent closet and taking out a more comfortable clothes to sleep on. A t-shirt twice her size was what Sakura took as she walked back in the room and Sasuke was just standing there, watching her every move and Sakura felt a sudden wave of self-consciousness as he stood there. Is he going to watch her undress? Why isn't he going to the bathroom to take a shower or change his clothes?

"What?" Sakura asked, looking at Sasuke.

"Aren't you going to ask me where I had gone to?" Because that was what Sasuke was expecting when he got back. And then he would tell her everything, about Naruto's lame disguise, the two allies they gathered and even the women in the red light district.

"Aoda told me you went to Shinjuku. You must have met with Naruto or Shikamaru there in a cafe or restaurant or something." Sakura walked past Sasuke, her back facing Sasuke as she unbutton her dress.

"It wasn't a cafe," Sasuke suddenly said. "Nor was it a restaurant. We went to a red light district in Shinjuku," Sasuke stated. He couldn't really tell for certain but he caught a glimpse of Sakura's shoulders suddenly tensing. He really didn't see it but Sakura's hands froze.

Sasuke was waiting for her reaction, though with her back turned on him, it would be pretty hard to know.

"Oh, I see," Sakura said, her voice was silent as she continued to unbutton her dress again.

But that simple statement was all Sasuke need to know that she was in no way fine with him going to such place and at Shinjuku where the notorious red light district is located. Sakura tried to ignore it earlier, when she walked past Sasuke she caught a scent of a woman's perfume, but she ignored it. Yet when Sasuke plainly said he went to such place, somehow, Sakura felt an odd stir in her chest, something that she's never felt before.

When Sakura unbutton her dress and was about to slide it off her shoulders, she felt Sasuke behind her, standing closely behind, that when she turned around slightly Sakura was instantly caught within the cages of his arms.

"I'm sorry," he suddenly muttered, to which surprised Sakura. "I didn't touch a single woman in that place."

Sakura smiled, when he's like this it's hard to tell that he's a feared Yakuza boss. Maybe he does resemble a rabbit, in a sense that is. Sakura put her arms on his shoulders and smiled, telling Sasuke that it's fine because it really is. He doesn't have to apologize, it's not really that big of a deal. But somehow it assured Sakura that Sasuke would never look at any other woman.

"It's fine Sasuke-kun. Besides, it's not like I was the first woman you'd ever touched."

Sakura meant the statement as a joke, though they always say that there's truth behind every just kidding. But it was not meant to take seriously, Sakura did know and accept the fact that she may not be the first, what with how good he was Sakura knew he must have had quite an experience. But the thought still make Sakura feel oddly sad.

Sasuke, on the other hand, was taken aback by what she said. Even though she chuckled, Sasuke failed to catch the humor in that statement and instead just frown.