Chapter 23: Sober

A/n: I said I will update after a week or so. But I ditched my school works and updated this chapter after three days because I love y'all!! Hope you enjoye this Chapter!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sakura stirred in her sleep. She rolled on her back as she slowly opened her eyes to the blinding sunrays that managed to slip through the heavy curtain.

"I feel so awful," she muttered as she blinked her eyes to clear her vision.

How much did she drink last night? She has lost count and the last thing she remembered was Ino tucking the seatbelt around her and the rest was a blank page. She doesn't even know who carried her to bed.

Sakura felt groggy, her body felt absolutely heavy and her head was throbbing. She managed to slide down the bed and she still hasn't taken three steps when nausea flooded her system as she run towards the bathroom and bend down the toilet to throw up everything she ate yesterday.

She walked towards the shower and peeled off her clothes that smelled of alcohol but she frowned when she smelled something else.

Sakura sniffed her dress and tried to rack her brain where she smelled the perfume before. But when her head started throbbing, she shrugged off the thought and turned on the shower.

Once she's all dressed up again and her body no longer feels as heavy, she walked out of the room and towards the kitchen where Sasuke was already having his breakfast. Sakura proceeded to the counter and poured herself coffee to ease her hangover as she leaned on the kitchen counter.

"Are you sober?" Sasuke asked as he looked up and saw Sakura nodded.

"Did you..." Sakura started, but trailed off.

"Did I?" Sasuke asked, eyebrow rose in question as he urged her to continue.

Sakura closed her eyes tightly before opening it again. "Did you carry me to bed last night?"

"No. Jugo did," Sasuke said nonchalantly.

He was about to avert his eyes when he noticed how her shoulders visibly slumped down.

Was she disappointed that Sasuke wasn't the one who carried her?

Sakura shook her head internally at the sudden thought and was too preoccupied to realize that Sasuke was already standing behind her.

"I lied," he said suddenly. "I carried you to bed last night."

Sakura was taken by surprise and abruptly turned around, almost gasping as she realized how close Sasuke was.

"Thank you," Sakura said, her eyes averted to the floor but she frowned as she caught a scent.

The same scent that lingered on her dress.

At the thought of it, Sakura couldn't help the blush that crept on her cheeks. Just how close did she cling to Sasuke last night to have his scent linger on her dress?

Sakura doesn't even want to ponder about it.

She was about to walk when an arm prevent her from taking another step. Sasuke put both his arms on the counter, trapping Sakura in place.

"How much did you remember about last night?" he asked, his face dangerously close to Sakura as she felt her heart sped up at how close their proximity is.