Chapter 8: Rage

The first thing Sakura felt when she came to was the strings tying her wrists together. Her eyes are bound by a cloth but she could very well hear the murmurs of men around. How long was she out? Judging by the size of the vial containing the sedative, Sakura think it would be around two hours. She passed out for two hours and now she has no idea where they'd taken her. How far would they have gone to? Is she still in Tokyo? Judging by the echo around, she must have been taken in an abandoned building somewhere in the southern part of Tokyo.

"You awake, Doctor?"

Sakura heard a voice, it sounded familiar. The voice of the man who shot her with a sedative. She could smell a strong scent of nicotine in the air that made her almost gag.

She felt the cloth around her being pulled up as she blink her eyes to get rid of the blurriness. Sakura looked around her, she was right. It's an abandoned building and these men must be part of a Yakuza. Are they the ones hunting down Sasuke? Were they the ones who dumped him in the side road that night?

The man sat in front of a chair as Sakura glared at him.

"Are you really a Doctor? You fucked up two of my men, you're kinda strong," the man cackled mockingly.

"Just tell us where that bastard is and we'll let you go."

Sakura doesn't know who they're talking about. Is it Sasuke?

Is it?

"Where is he? You were the one who tended on his wounds right, Doctor? Where is he now?"

Sakura remained silent.

She wouldn't talk. Not that there's something she could tell them. But even if she know where he is, she still wouldn't tell them.

Sakura remembered swearing upon the code and she is a woman who keeps her words. Besides, these people might seriously kill him this time.

"You ain't gonna tell us anything, are you?"

Sakura's glare remained as she fumbled with the strings tying her wrist. It wasn't tight enough and Sakura doesn't know if she's lucky or the one who tied it was just dumb. "Wait, did that bastard made you swear the oath?"

Omerta? They must be talking about the code of silence, Sakura thought.

"That bastard wasn't even in any position to make anyone swear under Omerta." The man laughed as he stood. There wasn't even a slight trace of humour but the man was laughing like he just heard the funniest joke of the century.

"Do you even know what Omerta means, Doctor?"

It's a code of silence. Sasuke even explained it loud and clear to Sakura.

"Do you know what happens to people who break the code?"