Chapter 26: Brother

New Year arrived in a flash of fireworks and snowfall. People started crowding the shrines and temples in different prefectures and provinces in Japan. In Tokyo, the New Year was more less traditional as tall buildings and restaurants light the streets. Somewhere in Tokyo's Central ward, a party is being held to commemorate the end of another year.

People dressed in expensive suits and gowns, the rich elites who control Tokyo's business and economy. To normal people, they poses as CEOs, Presidents, Chairperson and Business Tycoons.

But what normal people don't know is that these wealthy individuals are part of Yakuza organizations.

"Uchiha Itachi did not come this year?"

"We have asked him to host the year end party because we thought that might make him show himself but to no avail, the young man refused."

"But we can't really do anything about it."

"Had he been any other Yakuza leader, he would've been gotten rid of for refusing such thing."

"But since joining that Organization, he is practically untouchable."

The men continued their gossips, in contrast with the women who gossiped about current fashion trends and juicy rumours, the men decided to make Uchiha Itachi the center of their conversation.

However, one man in particular shows no interest in joining the circle as he stood in the corner, cane in hand. He is a man in his late fifties, his face had gotten a bit wrinkled but his calculating eyes resembled that of an eagle.

"Where is Sai?" The man asked, gesturing his hand on the two men accompanying him as his personal bodyguard.

"Sai asked for a leave," one of the men said, his eyes kept down on the floor.

The older man snickered as he took a sip from his glass containing white wine. "He seems to be up on something lately."

"Should we get rid of him?" The other man asked, his face stone serious as his eyes stare forward but it was hard to tell where he was looking to or who he was looking at because of his glasses.

"Sai is valuable. Don't touch him unless I say so."

The two men bowed firmly and spoke at the same time.

"As per your instruction, Danzo-sama."

A clinking of a glass could be heard, silencing the crowd as they gathered in the middle of the ballroom.

"Everyone, I shall welcome you as a host of this year's New Year party. Enjoy the night to your hearts' content."

The man who spoke, Nara Shikaku. He was chosen as Uchiha Itachi's replacement for hosting the party. While his son, Shikamaru, was busy somewhere else.

--

Approximately one hour before the start of the Year End party in a five star hotel located in Central Tokyo, Naruto, Sasuke and Shikamaru are busy arranging everything.

After making sure everything was ready and not a single bullet was out of place, Sasuke stood up and was about to walk towards the guest room when Sakura appeared from the corner. It is the first time they'll be speaking today as Sasuke was way too busy preparing everything.

"We're leaving," he said when Sakura looked up at him.

"Sasuke-kun,"

After that time when Sakura asked him if this was the only way, she realized that this might be the only way and she had never talked about it ever since that day. Sakura would be lying if she say she doesn't feel conflicted nor reluctant but she knew somewhere down the line Sasuke had to deal with this and Sakura realized it wasn't exactly her place to meddle.