Chapter 50: Wish and Celebration

The following days after that flew by in a blur and Kurenai was back after finalizing the arrangements with he catering and pastry services. Sakura still couldn't believe how days seem to go as fast as someone turning a page in a book. And just like reading a book, she wants the story to end but she doesn't want the story to end. It's like she couldn't wait for the big day but she wanted to prolong this before then. Beside that time when Sakura threw up and fainted, nothing unexpected happened. And now, they were in Kanagawa, checking the venue.

"This place is beautiful seeing it in person than in a picture," Sakura said as she looked around. Though it was uncommon for a place to be more beautiful than the ones in photos, this place is just downright exquisite.

"Do you like it?" Sasuke asked, staring at Sakura whose eyes almost sparkle at the sight of the garden and the lake not too far.

"I love it. This place is magical," she said. The venue has minimal decorations and Sakura couldn't possibly imagine how magnificent this place would be once it's fully decorated.

"It is," Kurenai said as she walked towards them. "The main theme would be Cherry Blossoms, yes?"

Sakura nodded. From this garden, the magnificent Mt. Fuji could be seen ahead, the mountain would be the silent witness of their vows and Sakura found the notion as romantic as the hidden garden.

After a short tour around the venue, noting the finishing touches and decorations for that day, Sasuke and Sakura were driving back to Sumida just before the sun bid its farewell at this side of the globe. They arrived at their residence as Aoda welcomed them back.

"Have you distributed the invitations?" Sasuke asked once Sakura excused herself up the stairs and the two men sat in the living room.

"Yes, Sasuke-sama. Most of them said they will be there."

"How about some of them?" Sasuke asked, pouring himself a glass of whiskey.

"Here is the list of the people who said they couldn't make it," Aoda said, handing Sasuke a paper as he scan the names. Most of which are members of the organization. Sasuke knew that much although it still surprise him to see that Obito is not going to attend. But what surprise Sasuke more is to see three certain individuals from that organization.

"Sasori, Deidara and Kisame will attend?" Sasuke asked, putting the paper down as he took a sip of the liquor.

"Yes, regarding that, they said they will be coming later on during the reception while the other members said they will be sending gifts in exchange of their presence during your wedding."

"Really? Is that so? I'm quite fluttered," Sasuke said dryly, sarcasm dripping off his tone as Aoda hid his chuckle with a clear of his throat.

"Make sure to examine their gifts thoroughly," Sasuke said, this time more seriously. "For all I care, you can toss them to the Pacific Ocean."

"Will that be all, Sasuke-sama?" Aoda asked, standing up as Sasuke downed the content in his glass before he stood up as well.

"Make sure to tighten the security around the vicinity of the venue and the reception."

"We're working on that, Sasuke-sama. The Nara group has also agreed to lend us a hand."

Sasuke nodded as Aoda bowed his head but before he could turn around Sasuke spoke again.

"Tomorrow, Sakura and I are going somewhere. Watch the residence, we'll be back in the evening."

Sasuke paused for a moment before he turned to Aoda.