Chapter 46: Romance and Tragedy

Four days, Sasuke had no idea he needed four days to let every information sink in his mind. Through those days, Kakashi stayed in Tokyo, training Sakura self defense and how to handle a gun. During those days as well, Sasuke had time to comprehend everything.

When life is already complicated for Sasuke, it has become more complicated by finding out about a new member of the family. Sasuke wonder why Tobi didn't reveal himself. Their fathers have passed on, the two may have had bad blood between them but Sasuke was never part of it. Sasuke wonder if he's masquerading himself among the Organization, but what is his motive? What is his plan? He's pretty good at hiding his intention as much as he is good at hiding his face behind that mask. At least Sasuke knew how he got those scars and who was the one responsible for it.

Sasuke has had enough of thinking too much for the day as he stood up when he heard the front door open. Sakura and Kakashi walked in, the latter going straight to the guest room he was staying at while Sakura walked towards Sasuke.

"How was it?" Sasuke asked as they walk upstairs. He was going to accompany Sakura to the training facility as he always did the past few days but Sasuke felt his head pounding since this morning so he asked Naruto to go with Sakura and Kakashi instead.

"I'm getting the hang of it. But I'm better in hand-to-hand than I am with guns though," Sakura answered, entering their room. She turned to Sasuke who sat on the couch as he opened the bottle of whiskey placed on the coffee table.

"Are you feeling better Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked, walking towards Sasuke with a slight furrowed eyebrows in concern. "Is your head still aching? Do you want me to get some medicine?"

Sakura was going to turn around when she felt a hand around her wrist stopping her as she turned around. Sasuke's eyes were slightly half-lidded as he looked at her.

"No, I'm fine."

Sakura sighed and took the glass of whiskey from the coffee table. "But you shouldn't drink liquor. Your headache might return."

She sounded so stern and Sasuke almost remembered his mother whenever she would scold him for eating ice cream when he had a cold. Sasuke almost chuckled as he nodded. Instead of putting the glass back, Sakura downed the content before she placed it back as she proceeded to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

When Sakura walked back to the room, she found Sasuke on the bed, leaning on the headboard as he hold something in his hand. It was the ring and Sakura remembered Kakashi's story that he shared with them.

"To think that it's been stolen by one man twice," Sakura said as she sat on the bed.

Sasuke examined the ring one last time before he took Sakura's hand and slipped it around her ring finger.

"This ring had seen many tragedies," Sasuke said, eyes glued on the ring as he caressed the small stone resting atop it. His mother used to tell Itachi stories about the ring and the women who possessed it in the past and Sasuke used to listen, eavesdropping to his mother and brother talking about it.

But among all those tragic stories, there are also stories that Sasuke used to find fascinating.

"And this ring had also witness the love of the Uchiha, a love that is stronger than anything in this world." Sasuke leaned in, his lips grazing the top of the ring as Sakura watched the gesture with slight tint on her cheeks and a strange feeling welling up inside.