Chapter 30: After

A/n: Read the announcement at the end (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)
.

.

.

.

.

A week had gone by and Sasuke let Aoda handle everything concerning his brother. There was no funeral, they never had any relatives to begin with, not that Sasuke is aware of any. He instructed Aoda to take Itachi's ashes to the memorial in Kyoto together with their parents.

"Are you sure about this, Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked as she looked at Sasuke who was staring from the window. He watched Aoda's car left the residence and drove off towards Kyoto as the sky darkened.

"It'll be fine. I don't know if I can handle myself if I went."

Sasuke made the residence in Sumida Ward as the official residence of the Uchiha group. Yesterday he had also introduced Sakura to everyone and Sakura could still remember how he glared at every single men who dared looked at her. Sasuke made it clear to all the men in his organization that other than him, the only other person they will ever take orders from would be Sakura.

Sakura doesn't know but she feels like it was a bit too much. It's not like they are going to get married any time soon.

At the sudden thought of it, Sakura suddenly felt her cheeks heated up.

"Are you cold?" Sasuke asked when he noticed her cheeks that's starting to show a red tint.

"N-No, I'm not," Sakura said, not exactly helping the stutter as she wildly shook her head.

Sasuke couldn't fight the upturn of the side of his lips as he stalked closer to Sakura, like a predator would to its prey, and the exact same display did not help Sakura as she became more flustered.

"But your face is red. You must have been really cold," Sasuke said, inching closer as Sakura felt her back hit the wall of all the places.

And just like always, Sakura found herself being cornered again as Sasuke put his arms on either side, trapping her in place. He leaned in, close to her ear as his breath fanned the crook of her neck.

"I know more than one way to make someone less cold," he whispered and Sakura felt a shudder run down her spine as the hair on her skin stood on edge.

His voice was low and Sakura visibly gulped. For the first time she managed to push Sasuke because she felt suffocated with how close he is.

"You still hasn't get used to this?" Sasuke asked with a frown.

"Sasuke-kun, I swear you're worse than a rabbit," Sakura said as she walked past him. But she still hasn't taken three steps when Sasuke grabbed her wrist and yanked her back.

"What?" He asked, urging Sakura to repeat what she said just now about him being worse than a rabbit.

"Nothing," Sakura quickly said as the red tint appeared back on her cheeks.

Sasuke couldn't help the smirk that appeared on his lips when he heard just how fast Sakura took back what she said. He decided to play along, flustering her even more as Sasuke enjoyed seeing her expression like that.

"So you're saying I'm worse than an animal who mate more than five times a day?"

By now, Sakura knew her face is worse than a tomato as she averted her eyes. Sasuke doesn't really have to put it like that but in the first place, it was Sakura who shouldn't have made such remark. And now, Sakura is questioning her poor decision making.