Chapter 38: Rabbit and Lemon

Sakura's day started off quite too boring, in fact everyday has been uneventful. She did get to go to the Hospital once to attend an emergency operation but that was two days ago and Sakura felt like she hasn't done anything at all. Boredom has always been one of the few things foreign to Sakura. She's been so busy with her study for almost fifteen years of her life, tending to patients for about two years and dedicating the rest of her life as a Doctor. That was the initial plan, really. But now, Sakura just felt bored.

She hasn't done anything productive at all and she couldn't help but think about that one particular thought that invaded her mind.

"Sakura, what are you thinking?"

"About if this was what being a normal housewife feels like," Sakura muttered aimlessly. She hasn't realized what she just said until a second after and her eyes widen.

"Sasuke-kun, what did I just say?" Sakura asked, but she knew fully well the thought she just had earlier managed to not only invade her mind but also slipped from her lips as she flat-out answered Sasuke's sudden question.

"What?" Sasuke asked, staring at Sakura intently. "You can't take that back now."

Sasuke put the book he was reading down, making sure to slip a bookmark before closing it and giving his undivided attention to Sakura.

"Are you bored?" Sasuke asked, though he felt like it doesn't need to be ask.

"Can't I just go to the Hospital?" Sakura muttered, her knees up as she put her chin on top of them.

"No," Sasuke's reply was short and firm, leaving no room for arguments. "Beside, aren't you my Doctor now."

Sakura buried her face and sighed. Sure she is, but being busy in the hospital would be better than sitting here all day. But she could learn to cook though, it's not like Sakura is going to leave the cooking to Sasuke. That's right, Sakura has to start learning new things aside from medical stuff.

"Have you ever done physical training?" Sasuke suddenly asked, attempting to converse with Sakura more, the book he was reading was completely forgotten.

Sakura's head perked up as she look at Sasuke.

"I did taekwondo before," Sakura said, not really grasping why he's asking such question suddenly.

"Naruto and I used to train together when we're young," Sasuke said, remembering the times when he train with Naruto and then suddenly being reminded of their Sensei. Sasuke doesn't even know where he is now or what he's doing. He knew Naruto still keeps in touch with their Sensei but Sasuke wasn't really the type of guy to attach himself with just anyone.

But for this time only, he'll have to make an exception.

"You could start a physical training under my former Sensei. I'll ask Naruto for his contact. Learning how to defend yourself will make me less worried."

Sakura felt two different things when she heard what Sasuke said. First, she felt flustered, happy even, that Sasuke wanted her to learn from their Sensei. Whoever that is, Sakura knew he's pretty skilled, he did teach Naruto and Sasuke when they were young. And then the second feeling was the opposite. It's not that she's not happy, she just doesn't want to be seen as weak enough not to defend herself.

"Sure Sasuke-kun. But I told you I used to do taekwondo," Sakura said, slightly pouting when Sasuke raised his eyebrow.

"Is that so?" He asked like he was challenging her, or perhaps just irking her. "Which belt did you attain?"