11. Heartbreak

Three days have passed since Midoriya spilled his secret to his friends. They have been doing their best to convince him to tell someone, or at least break off the relationship with Bakugo. Midoriya knows his friends are right but it hurts so much when he thinks about it. Deku has loved Katsuki since they were little kids after all. Bakugo has spent the last three day trying to get a moment to apologize to Deku and beg for his forgiveness, but he is never alone.

After School ends Bakugo decides he's done waiting for Deku to be alone, he is sure by now all of Deku's friends know the secret. Bakugo Leave's class and heads straight to Deku's room; he is determined to have a talk alone with the green eyed boy. It is Friday, Iida has plans to head home to visit his family for the weekend. Deku, Uraraka, and Todoroki make a plan to get all of their school work finished that night so they have the entire weekend to have fun. They discuss going to an amusement park, or maybe to the aquarium. The three friends are still laughing when they turn a corner to go to Deku's room and find Bakugo standing in front of the door. Midoriya's heart skips a beat, before dropping into his stomach. "What should we do?" Uraraka asks Todoroki with a worried look on her face. Midoriya places one hand on each of their shoulders, "It's OK guys, I know what needs to be done." Midoriya says in a flat tone. "Wait out here for me, this shouldn't take long." Midoriya says.

Deku opens the door, followed closely by Bakugo who closes the door behind him. Both boys just stare at each other for a moment before Bakugo blurts out, "God I'm so sorry Deku." Midoriya steps closer to Bakugo, stopping his words by cupping his cheek and placing his thumb over Bakugo's lips. Tears leaked down Midoriya's face. "I know you never meant to hurt me, but you did." Midoriya says. Bakugo opens his mouth to say something but Midoriya stops him again. "I don't know why things had to change when we came back to school, your fear, ego, or something else." Midoriya sobs."But I can't keep letting this happen," Midoriya sighs. "I love you Kacchan, Have for longer than I can remember." Midoriya states. Midoriya leans in, pressing his lips to Bakugo's for one last kiss. Bakugo melts into the kiss, moving to wrap his arms around Midoriya. Midoriya stops Bakugo by taking a step away. "For now, I think it's best if we stop seeing each other. When you can get past whatever is causing this, and love me the way you did before, maybe we can get back together." Midoriya says.

Every word Midoriya says sends a pain through Bakugo, but the last few words send a dagger to his heart. Bakugo's eyes fill with unshed tears, ripping the door open he bolts from the room. Bakugo shoves past people running straight through a group of girls by the front doors. Once outside where no one could see him he let the tears fall, screamed out in pain, then let his quirk loose at full power causing an explosion that rocked the dorm's.

Uraraka, and Todoroki are surprised when Bakugo streaks from the room, they turn to enter and see their friend. Midoriya is sitting on the floor, his back to the door, his legs are bent, with his knees pressed up to his chest, arms are wrapped around his own body which shudders from the heavy sobs. Todoroki, and Uraraka rush to his sides, hugging him in between them. "Are you OK, what happened?" asks Uraraka. "Did he hurt you?'' Todoroki asks, looking the boy over for injuries. "N...n...no h...he di...didn't hurt m...me." Midoriya stutters as another sob racks his body. Without thinking Midoriya climbs into Todoroki's lap, wrapping his arms around the other boy and burying his face in Todoroki's chest. Todoroki wraps one arm around Midoriya, stroking small soothing circles over his back with the other. "Tell us what happened Midoriya," Uraraka says as she smiles at the two boys. "I...I did it, I ended it. And it hurts so much," Midoriya cries. "Oh sweety, I know it does, but it's for the best," Uraraka says, getting close enough and hugging both Midoriya and Todoroki.

Their plan's forgotten Uraraka, and Todoroki spend the entire weekend comforting and consoling their friend who spends most of the time either sleeping or crying. Bakugo on the other hand is nowhere to be found, no one knows what happened to him or where he went when he ran from the school that day.