Yazoo

The Truth

"Hey, guys." (Y/n) walked into the seventh heaven bar, hand in hand with Yazoo. "I just need to grab something upstairs. Sorry to interrupt."
"You're not interrupting," Tifa smiled, "Go ahead."
(Y/n) gently tugged at Yazoo's arm, pulling him towards the stairs. Both of them went up to (Y/n)'s room, trying to find (Y/n)'s phone.

Since everyone was there, once hearing (Y/n)'s door close, Yuffie slammed her drink down on the counter. Getting everyone's attention.

"Okay guys, we need to talk about (Y/n)." Yuffie said, getting everyone's attention.
"What about her?" Cid asked, putting his drink down.
"Coaster!" Tifa yelled, making Cid jump and quickly place his glass on a coaster. He apologetically waved to her.

"Anyway," Yuffie continued, "Don't you guys think that it's weird that Kadaj's brother Yazoo and (Y/n) are in a relationship?"
The group looked at each other.
"What's your point, Yuffie?" Cloud asked, Yuffie huffed.
"Well, does it not give anyone a bad feeling?" She asked, "The guy is creepy, and all of a sudden he's interested in (Y/n)? Don't you guys find that suspicious?"
"Well, (Y/n) said that they were in a relationship for a while. They were a secret before she told us." Tifa said. Yuffie crossed her arms, unimpressed.

"I do admit, I don't like the idea of them together. I think she could do better." Cid said.
"Yeah, he's kinda weird." Tifa added, placing her dish towel on the counter.
"But, do we not trust her with her ability to choose which man she can be with?" Vincent asked.
"Of course, we do. But, Yazoo is probably just using her." Yuffie said, "Plus, she's WAY out of his league."
"Can you be quiet?" Cloud said, annoyed. "They're upstairs."
"Sorry!" Yuffie said, not even trying to quiet her tone.

"Well, whatever (Y/n) decides to do. Shouldn't we support her?" Tifa asked, Yuffie huffed and rolled her eyes.
"And let her make a huge mistake by dating this guy?" Yuffie refused to let it go. "I don't think so."
"Come on, Yuffie. Let it go." Cid said, taking a sip of his drink. "The dude's a little creepy, so what? I don't like him, but he seems to make her happy."
"No, Cid!" Yuffie yelled, "How can you all think this is normal?"
"It's not." Cloud said.
"Exactly!" Yuffie yelled.

"The guy isn't even a whole person, none of them are! The least we can do is point (Y/n) in the right direction." Yiffe said, crossing her arms.
"She's in love with Yazoo, you can't just make someone fall out of love." Tifa said, "Plus, it's a little cruel."
"If (Y/n) is happy, we should be happy too. We're her friends." Vincent said, Yuffie stubbornly stomped her foot.
"The guy is creepy, and he could be up to something. I don't trust him!" Yuffie yelled.
"Well, then don't trust him by yourself. (Y/n) is our friend, if she's happy, there is nothing we can do." Cloud said, annoyed by this topic.
"Ugh, fine!" Yuffie plopped herself back In her seat.

Yazoo had his arms crossed while he listened to the whole conversation, his jaw clenched. He was angry, very angry. But, what could he do? (Y/n) would be equally as hurt if she heard this, he didn't want her to be upset. But, was what they were saying true? Was he not good enough for her? Of course, being called creepy didn't hurt it, it felt more like a compliment to him. But, the rest hit him like bullets. Did all of her friends think this way?

Yazoo could only think of one thing, was he stopping her from being with someone who wasn't..incomplete? Yazoo had it all, the looks, the personality, the body, but..he wasn't a complete person. Hell, what if him and (Y/n) did get married? He doesn't even know if they could have kids, or how long it would be until the reunion. Yazoo wasn't born the regular way, he was born at this age, no childhood, no teen years, no nothing. He was born at the age of twenty four, along with his brothers. Yazoo wasn't a whole person, he was just a quarter of a person.

So, maybe they were right. Yazoo wasn't meant for (Y/n). She was just something he couldn't have, something he desperately wanted but could never obtain.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" (Y/n) asked, breaking Yazoo from his heavy thinking.
"Y-Yeah." Yazoo shook his head.
"Are you okay?" She asked, gently placing her hand on his arm. Yazoo made a small 'mhm' sound, (Y/n) went to hold his hand but Yazoo pulled away. He then made his way down the stairs, a confused (Y/n) following behind him.

"See you!" (Y/n) waved to her friends, who waved back. Yazoo glared at them while he passed, he closed the door behind them. Once (Y/n)'s friend heard the door click shut, everyone turned on Yuffie.

"Good job, Yuffie." Cid said, sarcastically. "He knows."
"Well, you all said something too!" She defended herself.
"Yeah, but at least we didn't bring it up." Cloud said, Yuffie huffed.
"You all had the same opinion as me." She remarked.

The whole day, Yazoo was completely distant. His mind was racing, it was like he couldn't even relax. He knew what her friends said didn't matter, but..they did matter. Did they have a point? Yazoo knew they did have a point, he wasn't good enough for her. (Y/n) deserved a man who didn't scare little kids, she deserved a man who would give her all their time. He knew..what he had to do.

"Hey," (Y/n) stopped Yazoo from walking, he tore his eyes from the pavement. "Are you okay? You were distant all day."
Yazoo sighed, he didn't want to answer. He just wanted to delay the enviable, so he tried to continue to walk. But (Y/n) gently grabbed his hand, he looked back at her. Her eyes were sparkling with wonder.
"Yazoo, please tell me what's wrong." She pushed.

Yazoo sighed, he looked into her eyes. They were so bright, so full of life. She was beautiful, her lips were just so soft and so kissable. Yazoo knew what he had to do, but he didn't want to. It pained him to even think that way, he knew that it would be the hardest thing he would ever do. What was worse, was that her once bright eyes were going to be filled with tears. He promised to never make her cry, but he needed to do this. So, here it goes.

"(Y/n), I don't want to be with you anymore." He said he didn't want to look at her, but he forced himself. His expression instantly softened, her smile dropped, her expression was one of confusion and hurt.
"W-What?" She asked, hoping she just misheard him.
"I..I don't want to be with you anymore." He stated again, regretting every word. (Y/n)'s eyes filled with tears.
"W-What did I do? Did I hurt you in any way? Am I not doing good enough?" She asked, her voice breaking but becoming desperate for answers.

"You didn't do anything." He said, Yazoo turned away. "I just don't love you anymore."
"B-But I-" (Y/n) couldn't finish her sentence, she tried to wipe away her tears. Yazoo couldn't do this anymore, he couldn't watch this. He wanted to hold her, tell her he took back what he said. But, he thought it was for the best. He just needed to act like the part.

"You humans are just so gullible, acting like love is some grand thing. But, it's not. It's quite pointless, stupid even." Yazoo said, he turned back and saw (Y/n). Her eyes were closed, but tears still leaked out of the corners from her eyes. Yazoo continued, "You were just a..distraction. Stress was getting to me, I guess I should thank you for that, (Y/n). The stress would have driven me crazy, but if I didn't have you to take out all my frustration, then I probably wouldn't be able to perform to the best of my abilities."

"Y-Yazoo." Her voice squeaked, Yazoo's heart sped up. "Y-You said you loved me."
"I lied. As I said, humans are so gullible." Yazoo said coldly, "It's quite pathetic."
"Y-You don't mean it." (Y/n) cried, grabbing into his arm. Her voice was desperate, almost enough for Yazoo to stop what he was doing and embrace her. "P-Please, I'm sorry if I did anything wrong."
"Yeah, you didn't do anything. That's the problem." Yazoo stated, he pulled his arm away from her. "Now, you're boring me. Go home, (Y/n)."
"Yazoo, don't do this." She pleaded, but Yazoo didn't move.

Yazoo motioned for his gun, making (Y/n) back up. Her eyes were red, her lips trembling.
"I'll give you one last chance," Yazoo said, "Go."
(Y/n) backed up more, she turned around and ran away. Yazoo's expression didn't change until she disappeared. He wanted to break down, but since he was still in Midar, he kept it in.

His heart was broken, but he knew it was for the best. It was the best thing he could do for her, it was..the truth.