Kadaj

In Another Life, I Would Be Your Girl

He noticed she wasn't in it for the long run anymore, her emotions towards him were changing. The word 'I love you', always lingered on his lips, never hers. He did love her, so damn much, but what can he do when she didn't do anything to show him that she loved him. He noticed her love for another swordsman, as if she just wasn't interested in him anymore. But she was too nice to do that to him, but he knew what she was thinking. But if she did love him, why would she change her mind like that? Like it all meant nothing? Maybe if he kept his mouth shut, they wouldn't be here. Arguing with eachother, yelling and screaming at one another.

"Why can't you just tell me?!" He yelled, staring at her. She was standing there, not looking at him. "I shouldn't be asking you to love me!"
He yelled again, she looked up at him; her expression was unreadable.
"I may not know much about love, but I know that!" He added.
"You're right." She finally spoke, "I shouldn't treat you like that, that was wrong."
Kadaj shook his head, it was like her words had a different meaning. He refused to take it.
"No!" He yelled, "You don't even know why I'm upset, why I'm even fighting you!"
(Y/n) didn't answer, her eyes locking with his.

"Then what?" She asked. He put his hands up to his head, he was frustrated. He loved her so much, how could this be happening.
"You don't love me anymore." He stated, be put his arms down; he looked at her. He waited for her response, her face didn't show surprise or even offence. It made him want to cry out for her, beg for her to love him again. But he didn't, his mind was racing and yelling. He was mad, frustrated, because she wasn't saying anything. Nothing to stop this, she just sat there and took this. It was like he had busted her in the act, she knew what she did. He was just calling it out.
"I did everything!" He yelled, "I did everything, just to make you happy!"
He felt his eyes burn, he quickly turned away from her.

"Why don't you find a girl, who won't hurt you." She finally said, she asked up to him. He stared at her,
"Because, I love you." He said, (Y/n) shook her head.
"No, you don't." She stated, trying to persuade him. He turned away from her, he hit the wall in anger; making (Y/n) jump.
"Who are you to tell me that?!" He yelled, "You obviously don't fucking understand!"
"Understand what?" She asked, trying to keep her calm composure. He turned towards her, he looked into her eyes. He could see tears in the corners of her eyes, his composure weakened. She wasn't a weak girl, but he scared her enough to cry. His gaze softened, he walked to stand in front of her. She looked up at him, locking eyes.
"I have never said that to anyone." He finally said, "Never, in my life. Have I met a girl, who loved me, cared for me, and made me feel like a whole person before. That was you, (Y/n)."
"Kadaj, I'm sorry." She said, backing up.
"You-" he became frantic, "You can't do this." He said,
"Kadaj-"

"No!" He yelled, "I never let anyone in, until I met you! Why did you make me love you, if you weren't going to stick around?!"
She didn't answer, she knew he was right. She knew, he had broken him.
"You said, we were going to end up together!" He yelled, his voice breaking. "You told me, and the world, that we were going to end up together. I wish you never told me, because now I know you never any of meant it."
He started to pace, (Y/n) held herself; feeling shame drape over her.
"I love you, why can't you just love me back?" He asked, continuing to pace.

"You can't make someone fall back in love with you." She stated, Kadaj stopped. She finally said it, she didn't love him anymore. His heart shattered, a tear instantly fell; He quickly whipped it off.
"But, I love you; so much. Please, I need you." He pleaded, he felt pathetic and weak; but his whole soul felt like it was being ripped from him.
She approached him, gently cupped his cheek; she gave him a small smile.  He gently grabbed it and nuzzled into it, she then spoke.
"In another life, I would be your girl. But, you have to let me go in this one." She said, a tear fell done his face; gently falling onto her hand. She then let go, she turned around and walked away.

He couldn't help but feel broken, his was once whole, now he wasn't. The only one who had ever loved him, was gone. In the arms of another man, it was just so easy for her. She got with him, and forgot about him. Now, their wedding was planned and he was there; wanting her back. Yes, it's been years. But how could he move on and forget her? Maybe she wasn't his, but he damn well wanted her to be.

He saw her soon to be husband, walking around town and getting congratulations from towns people. He didn't want any trouble, just a talk. He loved her, but he loved how happy she was more.
"Cloud." He yelled, Cloud turned around and faced him.
"Yes?" Cloud gave him a look of confusion, because they had never once talked. Except for when him and his brothers tried to find their mother, and until (Y/n) changed him.
"I want a word with you, it involves (Y/n)." He said, Cloud nodded and followed him to the alleyway.
"What is it, Kadaj?" Cloud asked, Kadaj then pushed him against the alley wall; Cloud's eyes widened in shock.

"I let her in, I never let people in. You knew this!" Kadaj yelled, "You've taken her from me. I needed her and you broken me!"
"Kadaj-" Cloud was interrupted.
"I let this person in, and I let myself fall in love with her. I let myself feel for this beautiful women, my hands traced her body and now I can't stop reaching my arms out for her! Even if I close my eyes, all I see is her!" Kadaj buried his face into his hands, Cloud could only pity him.
"How many days do you miss her?" He asked,
"Everyday."